Thread: Queen emerging?

Exclamation Queen emerging?

I have a hive that lost its queen over the winter and aparantly had laying workers- saw drone cells capped but no other brood or eggs of any kind. I took two frames from my good hive with capped brood, open brood and eggs and gave it to them about two weeks ago. Went in today and found a queen cell, supercedure kind built with something in it. Had a hole in it. It looked like some kind of fibrous stuff in there, like a cap over the inside. Is this the queen about to emerge?
    Try to learn something new every day and give thanks for all your blessings.

>Is this the queen about to emerge?

That or she did already. Sometimes they chew the cap open, like a tin can lid and it stays attached and closes behind her.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thanks Michael. I hope she didn't fly off during this process, or that she wasn't injured examining, replacing frames. No brood yet, will check again in about a week.
    Try to learn something new every day and give thanks for all your blessings.