Default BeeMax top feeders

I've noticed the Scandanavian BeeMax top feeder in catalogs. Has anyone had any experience with them?

The only Beemax that I'm aware of is the polystyrene one that feeds form the one end with a clear plastic seperator to keep the bees in the feeding area. Is that the one? If so I like it as it doesn't leak and it has lasted me a few years already (July) as long as I don't throw it around carelessly.

does your beemax form nasty green stuff in it? Also, how do you keep bees from falling in the syrup? MIne has a 1 bee thick layer of dead bees that the other bees need to feed thru - pretty gross if you ask me.

I have one and plan on at least three more. I found that there was a drowning problem from the clear barrier being to smooth. I am going to take some fine sand paper and and scuff the inside this should fix that. I definitly like the capacity. I was told to paint the sides and any suface that would be exposed to weather so to extend the life of the feeder. Make sure you put adequate weight on the top or when it is empty it could blow away the bees seem not to propolise the feeder to the hive very much. All in all it appears to be a good feeder just scuff the insert and everything should be fine.

I plan to replace the clear plastic divider with some #7 hardware cloth. I think it will give them better grip and allow for air to vent as it can't now.
    Over all I give it a so so rating. I don't think the bees can get to syrup as well in cold weather as the entrance is at one end and the tend to cluster in the center. I prefer to pail feed in winter as I can place it just above the cluster.