Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mr. Bush;
    You state the lifters are to large.

I believe I read in your previous posts that you sand the edges of your frames so as to fit 9 in a 8 frame hive, would this have a bearing on the tool being too large.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

PCM

>I believe I read in your previous posts that you sand the edges of your frames so as to fit 9 in a 8 frame hive, would this have a bearing on the tool being too large.

Good observation. I have cut down many of my frames. And not cut down many of my frames. The Maxant, IMO, is too large for both.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fischer View Post
    They are still messing around with the tooling at the factory.

It is amazingly difficult to make something out of tool steel, when
    one must use one type of tool steel to cut the other type of tool steel.

Hang in there, we've got too many advance orders to not be
    pushing hard on this little project.
    Actually most people cut tool steel with carbide, and in the case where you do need to use a cutter made of tool steel it usually has some type of Titanium coating on it. also, when cutting tool steel the part has not been through the hardening process like the cutter has and is pretty easy to cut..
    Now if this tool is actually made of stainless we have said all of this for nothing..stainless steel and tool steel are 2 different things..
    Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

Or they cut it, then harden it, then finish grind it.

I couple of regular hive tools but they set in my smoker box most of the time since I bought the 14 inch hive tool from Betterbee I really like this tool it has a lot of leverage can be used as a frame lifter and scraper the only thing that I did was dull it a little it was sharp enough to be used as wood plane and i just don't seem to leave it laying around so I don't forget it after I'm done