Question When Adding My "Second Deep Super" (Installing Package In Dead Hive)

I had a couple dead-outs this winter. So, I did my spring cleaning and got the empty hives ready for new packages. Since the dead-outs had plenty of honey and pollen left (killed by varroa mites), I am setting up the hives for the packages as follows:

1 Deep Super

Inside the deep super, I have reused the honey and pollen as follows:

1 Frame of Honey, 1 Of Pollen/Honey, 1 Frame of Honey 4 Frames of empty drawn comb, then 1 Frame of Honey, 1 Frame of Pollen/Honey and 1 Frame of Honey.

This fills out the box with honey & pollen with 4 empty drawn comb frames in the middle for the queen the lay and so forth.

MY QUESTIONs:

1) With this done, when should I add a second deep? I have some deep frames of honey left; should I put that in in the same order as the bottom deep when its time to add, of just use up my empty drawn comb and fill the rest out with foundation and extract those deep honey frames I have??

2) One of the supers has mold in it - I believe I saw that the bees will take care of that?

3) A few of my empty, drawn comb dep frames - the wax seems aweful brittle. Is that a bad thing?

Thanks everyone!

Bob D
    Epping/Exeter, NH
    Maine Busy Bee Apiary & Family Farm
    Jay, Maine

>1) With this done, when should I add a second deep?

The standard rule is when it's 80% full of bees.

> I have some deep frames of honey left; should I put that in in the same order as the bottom deep when its time to add, of just use up my empty drawn comb and fill the rest out with foundation and extract those deep honey frames I have??

I'd give them the honey.

>2) One of the supers has mold in it - I believe I saw that the bees will take care of that?

They will clean it up.

>3) A few of my empty, drawn comb dep frames - the wax seems aweful brittle. Is that a bad thing?

They will take care of it.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF