Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Greetings All

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Bigtbbq 
#1 ·
Very new here and to the bee world. I have been lurking here gleening as much info as I can. Thanks for an outstanding and informitive board! I will be getting my first 2 hive next week, 1 already started and the other starting with a package and a new box. I live in Upper Michigan, and would like to meet a seasoned beekeeper in Iron County or near here to maybe act as a mentor.
I will use the search option as much as posible so I dont ask too many questions that have been covered before.....
Thanks again for ALL the info shared here so us new keepers can get off to a good start....
T.G.

#4 ·
Iddee, thanks for the welcome, and the warning........ LOL

Indypartridge, Thanks for the links, I will look into them...

Kinda strange about starting out. I was laying in bed last night thinking about my new girls im about to get, and I started to panic about all the what if's and what to do's. Almost like being a daddy again, anyway, Thanks again.
T.G.

#6 ·
Welcome, I've been beekeeping for almost 30 years now and only have a few posts on here. We use to have 120 hives back in the 80 when wintering bees was easy up here, now we just have 20. Were located in Delta Co. by Garden, 2 hours east of you, so if there is anything I can help with let me know. Keep watching the posts here though, there is a wealth of information with all the folks here.

Camp

#7 ·
Thanks guys, I am excited, just a few days ago, it was just a dream to someday do this, and now its happening fast!!!!!! Shoot next week my girls will be here and Im scrambling trying to get the basic equipment.
Camp9 you have a PM
Thanks again everyone, this is a great forum
T.G.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.