Well, not today, but yesterday we took 24 five frame nucs off of 7 overwintered two story 5 framers that had previously been raised above excluders. We then took them to another yard and will put queen cells in them today.
Then we drove to another yard to drop off equipment that we will use today to raise brood above excluders to make more three frame nucs.
After that drop we went to help a friend install 250 three lb packages. This was only my second time installing packages, but the weather seemed to be just about ideal. It was cool and a little showery. It had rained earlier. Too bad we didn't start an hour earlier 'cause it was too dark to finish the last yard. So we quit before someone got hurt.
The packages came from GA. The beekeeper went and got them himself, the day before.
The hives were set up on 4way pallets. A single deep w/ a feeder to the inside, filled w/ corn syrup, then 2 frames, then three frames left out and two more frames. Once all of the feeders were full we started shaking bees into the hives, putting in two frames and nailing on the cover. The entrances were blocked w/ paper.
All in all, it went well w/ a 5 person crew. It made me want to go get packages and fill up some of my own equipment. Too bad that the equipment is 1,000 miles north and the packages are a couple of hundred miles south. Well, maybe next year.
More tomorrow, if you're interested.