I have always thought that planting some acreage with honey plants such as the many that are named in the book "American Honey Plants" would be not only benificial but profitable also. Plants such as the various clovers, anise hyssop, sourwood trees, gallberry, blackberry, etc, etc.
If anyone has done this would you mind informing us about:
1) What you planted?
2) Amount of acreage planted?
3) What area (Location) did you do this in?
4) What was the bloom date and duration of blooming and nector flow for your planting?
5) What results did you obtain? (Gallons, lbs, none obtained, etc)
6) Was there another source that interffered in production of your planting?
7) What would you say is the max amount of colonies your planting would support?
8) Additional comments you want to make?
Maybe your input might help some of us increase our production or just learn something from all the beekeepers of the world.
Thanks for your time,