I put together a cell starter the other day and grafted some larvae for the first time ever today. I started going cross eyed by the time I was finishing transferring larvae to cell cups. Hopefully I'll get a few queens out of the deal to start some nucs with in a few weeks.

Larva on the end of the grafting tool.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/IMG_2773.jpg

Transferring larva to a cell cup.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/IMG_2774.jpg

Cell cups primed with a little honey, didn't have any royal jelly, and each contains a larva. I used the smallest larvae I could find.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/IMG_2778.jpg

Here's the frame from which I found larvae of appropriate age.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/IMG_2775.jpg

I was looking through the colonies today and have plenty of drones. If the cells don't take I'll try again here in a few days. I'm kinda scared I used too much honey to prime the cell cups. It seemed like I only put in a very small amount with the syringe but when I floated the larvae of the grating tool it seemed like a lot more was in the cups than there should have been. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.