Thread: Rossman Hives

Default Rossman Hives

Wondering if anyone is familair enough with wood working to know how Rossman puts their super handles in? If its practical I would like to try and incorporate similair handles into the hives I plan to build in the future.

My first guess was some sort of end mill but it seems like alot of set-up work to run that many boards on a CNC type mill or something. Any ideas?

Aren't their handles the same as everyone else's? There are many thread on here about making hand holds. One is quite recent.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I do not have the power tools, nor care to have them, that will make the grooves for lifting handles in hives. I either use strips of wood, that I taper off at the ends, that are fastened to the sides or buy brass/copper handles and attach them to the sides...both work well and look REAL nice.

Many beekeepers feel that what you are doing is superior to handholds. Cleats do make for easier lifting even if they are not quite as aesthetic.

Its a moulding head cutter, the cutter head accepts different knifes for different shapes. If you can find them ...they're getting rare. They make them to fit a table saw.

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=1526 This site tells ya how to cut hand holds with a table saw. When I downloaded it a couple of years ago it had step by step pictures to go with the explanation. Today there were no pics. But the process makes great hand holds just like store bought boxes. The jig is made out of scrap.It is not a fast process. It takes a bit of time. I did 9. Using cleats adds some weight to your box.