Hybrid View

Default Honey Land Farms

I ordered 4 carniolan queens from Garry at Honeyland Farms with instructions to call me on the day he shipped from Florida so that I could make arrangements to stay home from work the following day to receive them. Garry didn't call and when I got home from work Wednesday I found a UPS envelope with four queens. Two were dead. I called Honey Land Farms to inform them of my problem and got their answering machine. No return call. Thursday afternoon I called Garry to inform him of the dead queens. He said that he didn't have time to call his customers to inform them of ship dates. He offered to replace the 2 dead queens and have the replacements sent out on Monday for overnight delivery on Tuesday. I called Monday to make sure that he shipped the queens. Got his answering machine and left the message that I was expecting to receive the queens Tuesday. No return call. I missed work Tuesday waiting for the queens. When the UPS truck drove past my house without stopping on Tuesday I called Garry again only to be told that the queens didn't go out yet but would ship today (Tuesday) for delivery Wednesday or Thursday. As you can imagine, I won't be troubling Garry at Honey Land Farms, Howie-in-the-Hills, Florida, for anything else. :mad:

I think this time of the year I wouldnt blame the queen breeder. It is a very busy time of the year for queen rearing. Getting his answering machine proves this. If he is rearing lots of queens he probably dont have time to call everyone who orders. My guess would be you will run into the same problem with any queen breeder this time of the year. Would it be possible to have the queens delivered to work or to someone who you know will be home. Shipping queens is tough early. You cant hardly nail the shipping date down because of the weather.

Rat, although I agree with the busy part, I think a man should know his business well enough to tell the customer he can't call, at the time of the order, not after shipping and killing queens.

Poor communication and unkept promises have put many businesses under. They should have the common sense to tell the customer what they can't do, rather than promise them the moon and mess up their whole plan.

I agree with Iddee, if you are going to succeed in business you have to excel in all aspects of running a business or you are going to have problems. If they can't get the job done, then they need more help.

I have had all my shipments come to work, there is always someone there and we know the delivery personnel.

I have lost queens in shipping, a long ugly story, but I also run a business and understand that even though a seasonal business is harder to run, you have to have balance. Production is only a part of the queen rearing business, as hard as it is, probably the easiest part of it.

I don't care to deal with customers, but they are a necessary evil if you want to be in business.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

Expectations are everything. The supplier needs to do what he promised, if he said that he would call then you then then he should have called, but the opposite is also true.

Default The end

Queens came in todays mail (priority envelope) and look good. I believe the first shipment with two dead queens were banked too long. The cages were covered with propolis. Today the cages are clean. I've expressed my displeasure. I don't wish ill of anyone but would hope there are lessons learned.

Quote Originally Posted by iddee View Post
    Rat, although I agree with the busy part, I think a man should know his business well enough to tell the customer he can't call, at the time of the order, not after shipping and killing queens.

Poor communication and unkept promises have put many businesses under. They should have the common sense to tell the customer what they can't do, rather than promise them the moon and mess up their whole plan.
    With customer service like that, he won't have to worry about being busy in the future.

The truth is you only ordered 4 queens he probably isnt going to take the time to make sure you are happy. You should try Miksa in Groveland he is more knowledgeable and will actually take time to talk to you. He also has a better product, just my opinion.

does not and SHOULD NOT matter if you order one queen or a 1000. You MUST treat customers equally. If not, you will be out of business.
    Chef Isaac..Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com & http://www.adoptahive.info

Default Re: Honey Land Farms

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Mansell View Post
    The truth is you only ordered 4 queens he probably isnt going to take the time to make sure you are happy. You should try Miksa in Groveland he is more knowledgeable and will actually take time to talk to you. He also has a better product, just my opinion.
    Hey, Trevor what about the Miksa in Polk City?

I recently (March 18) ordered 8 queens from Garry. In our discussion he stated that the queens would ship on Monday March 24. I was thrilled to find early queens and Garry has always accomodated me in the past with similar requests.
    The queens ended up being delayed in shipment for 2 days and were not shipped out until Wednesday. After having spoken with Garry in the past I believe this was due to the weather. He does not like to jeopardize the queens when shipping them north as in this case to North Carolina.
    The queens arrived next day and all were quite healthy as was my experience in the past.
    Now we will wait to see how well they lay out. I have had some concerns about the quality of the queens but never the delivery.

Oh yeah... I called him Wednesday, left a message and was called back same day to inform me about new ship date.

Kurt