Default How do you change your location

that shows up with every post. I'm just about moved to Georgia and my profile still says Pinellas County (FL). I looked all through the user control panel and could not find a way to change it. Anyone know how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkas View Post
    that shows up with every post. I'm just about moved to Georgia and my profile still says Pinellas County (FL). I looked all through the user control panel and could not find a way to change it. Anyone know how to do this?
    You'll need Barry to change this for you.
    I suggest you send him an email or PM.
    I tried but I do not have the permission level.

Dave V

I find it odd that your location would be out of your control to edit. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Honey House View Post
    You'll need Barry to change this for you.
    I suggest you send him an email or PM.
    I tried but I do not have the permission level.

Dave V

Click on the link UserCP (near the top of the page), which is actually the Users Control Panel, you should be able to change many things in there, including your personal information, such as your location.

Ops, I just went into my own Users CP and could not find the option. It should be in the control panel, but I guess the manager of this list doesn't want us to have that option.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkas View Post
    I find it odd that your location would be out of your control to edit. Oh well.
    Let me explain so maybe it won't seem odd. A lot of members in the past would register and opt not to show where they are from. They like to "hide." This becomes an issue when a discussion takes place that is relevant to location. It is now a prerequisite to include this information when you join the board. If I allow members to "edit" their location, there will be those that will go in and delete this information. So, for the sake of some, the rest have to be hand tied as well. Sorry. I also use this feature to help weed out spammers during registration. I can check their location against their IP address.

Simply email or PM me when you want it changed.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-24-2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: spelling
    Regards, Barry

Good to see yaw made it back home safe Boss!!!

Already back at the ole grinder I see..................
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

When the cat's away, the mice play?! I wish. The bills didn't take a time off, the mail was stacked high, and I have to decided whether to plow through the 2500 emails or just delete them and pretend they never existed.

Crawled in late last night. Still catch myself driving too fast around town today, but slowly adjusting back to driving under 40 mph. Return trip changed from our original plan, so I was not able to visit with the Mountain's.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-24-2008 at 04:27 PM. Reason: spelling
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    just delete them and pretend they never existed.
    I vote to make liberal use of your delete key, and a look back.

If it was important, they'll send it again.

Keith
    Bee Sting Honey - So Good, It Hurts!

Heaven help us all!!! It was blowing snow here today!!! I haven't been able to find a dang soul to blame or complain to in the government offices yet but I ain't giving up yet!!

It was cold and the wind howling all day, I can only imagine they were having some nasty weather up in the hills. I'm so glad I don't live up there any more!!! Yaw can have that silly stuff!!

I enjoy the work I do and love the things I do and get into at home. And look forward to getting back home from even the best trips. But it's funny how getting there can still be likened to being tarred and feathered!!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill