Question staple gun for supers

making up new supers wondering what type of staple gun and size staples to use. any comments well appreciated

I use a brad nailer that handles nails from 5/8" up to 1-1/4". It's electric so you don't have to buy the air compressor. It's $50 to $60. I use the 1-1/4" w/ glue for frames, and the 5/8" for the wedges.

Do a search on here. Lots of info.

harbor freight sales a 1/4 crown stapler nailer that shoots up to 1 1/2 length staples for $19.00 I have used and abused mine and its still running great.

You mean you missed the sale rat!!!

http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216053
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

I shoot 2.5" 15 guage finish nails in mine. I have a 15 guage stapler, but I like the longer length on the finish nails and it doesn't crush the grain like a staple does. I shoot them at an angle which gives them much greater holding power shooting into endgrain. Angle each one the opposite direction and it pretty effectively locks the joint.

Default nailer

I just tack well glued supers with 2" brads then drill and nail with galv nails

I use a Bostitch narrow crown stapler and shoot 1 1/2" staples. i switch to smaller staples for frames.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    Dadburnit Bizz you just know how to ruin a guys day.:mad: I could have had $5.00 extra to go drink with Bullseye and 8 other guys Who are willing to risk a brutal hang over to demonstrate to the rest of america how are tax system works.

I've been using 1.5" narrow crown staples for frames, and 18 gauge 1.5" brads for the supers (glued in the finger joints). The only reason I use 18 gauge is because that's the size my air nailer/stapler uses. I'm sure some will say that 18 gauge is too small.

I got a Bostitch SX-150 Narrow Crown Pneumatic Stapler for Christmas this past year and it is one of the best toolsI have ever owned. I have only used it on frames and it made short order of those.