Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ian, that's your subjective opinion, could you quote any studies that prove that small cell does not promote hygienic behaviour? Or better still, provide a link?

No offence, just asking - as I said, I'm still trying to understand how things work, and many SC beeks seem to find some correlation... even if they don't bother to prove whether the difference is statistically significant. That's why it would be interesting to see some more formal objective analysis.

>>could you quote any studies that prove that small cell does not promote hygienic behaviour? Or better still, provide a link?

Are you kidding?
    The assumption is set out here that SC promotes hygenic behaviour, and from what is being said here is based soely opinion,
    I challenge that assumption, asking for basis to the claims and your asking me to find studdies to disprove your opinion?

I observe hygenic behaviour in my bees also, on LC. There are lines that are being selected to promote that trait, finding the bees that promote it from the bees that dont.
    I could find you some of that studdy if you please,
    But to suggest by mearly moving the bees, from genetically hygenic or not, to SC foundation and transforming them to hygenic stock just doesnt add up, to me anyway.
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

I've seen many a bee in my observation hive do a "get it off me dance" and some other bee will help. Unfortunately the mite usually runs to the one helping and then they start doing the dance.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12