Default When should eggs appear in a brand new tp?

About 3 weeks back I placed a swarm in an undrawn topbar. They have made about 5-6 partial combs (2/3 of airspace filled per frame) but not one egg.
    Must there be a critical mass of comb before egg laying?
    I'd have thought there'd be eggs almost as soon as physically possible.
    Pretty sure there is a queen, as the swarm came from a hive 50' away and would have expected them to abscond if she was missed.
    Thanks!

Default Re: When should eggs appear in a brand new tp?

I have a swarm I put in a top bar two weeks ago tomorrow. they have 9 bars with abut a half football size comb on each with nectar in the top of every comb and stages of brood everything from capped to eggs starting from the top to the bottom of the comb. it is like the bees build the comb longer each day and the queen lays in those cells. I expect the first new bees to be emerging in a bit over a week.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Thanks, went back in and there are eggs. Not used to such white comb, you need good lighting to see the eggs! Nothing capped, just eggs but happy with this.

I am blind to Larva. I can find the eggs pretty well most of the time. depending on how good the light is. but as soon as they get to mid larva age. they turn invisible to be. so my bee log shows eggs in a comb on one inspection and then shows it as empty comb on the next. first time that happened I thought the bees had eaten or thrown out the eggs That brood is now capped so I am assuming all is well.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.