Default Similar Threads function

Quote Originally Posted by ndvan View Post
    Has anybody looked at the "other similar threads" list for this thread. Its sorta funny what a word recognition program comes up with sometimes.
    I'm glad you brought this up. It looks to me this function may not be very useful as it is anyway. I have it set to as low as a four character word. The fewer characters, the bigger the drain on the server. If no one finds this useful, I'm wanting to disable it. Can I get some feedback on this please?

- Barry

Until it was pointed out, I never paid any attention to it.

If I was deliberately seeking similar threads, I believe I would still use the "search" function.

As far as I'm concerned, you can do away with it.

Barry, I use the search, It does a better job, IMO

What me worry?
    Dulcius ex asperis

Honestly, I never noticed it until that thread, and then only because the topic was homosexuals and it referred me to a thread on "staight comb," which was funny.

However, I don't know that I'd get rid of it, since I don't see how it hurts to have it. If I were researching a topic, I'd probably look at it from now on.

Nah, that's not gonna happen. I'll do what I always do --ask questions if I've got 'em (and then somebody will say that the topic's been talked to death already so quit being lazy and do a search and links me to the thread, and MB links to his site.

I've seen it but most of the time the similar threads are off topic. I agree that it easier to search for a topic and read through them until you find what you want. If you can't find it there then it's time to ask questions.

I've followed a link or two, but generally I agree with the others who have replied... I'll go to the "search" first to find something.
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau