Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You folks will get a kick out of this....

Our annual Boy Scout Klondike Derby was this Friday and Saturday. It's held in what passes for a meadow in the San Juan Mountains south of Silverton, Colorado at an elevation of around 9,000ft. There's 4' of snow on the ground, and the temperature was -2 when I crawled into my sleeping bag in my little yellow tent last night.

This morning I was visiting up and down the other campsites with the Scoutmasters and ran into a fellow who just started keeping bees this past summer. I helped him get set up this past spring and he's working hard to learn all he can about bees. He told me that he has built a half-dozen or so top-bar hives for the coming season based on the plans of one Mr. Michael Bush. Now, I'm thinking that there are about 6 beekeepers around here, and 33% of them were standing up to their double deeps in snow this morning in the beauty of the mountains discussing Michael Bush, top bar hives, and how much Michael has helped this fellow along the sometimes tortured path of keeping bees. It was way cool in more ways than one. This fellow greatly appreciated Michael's contributions on this forum and others.

Thanks Michael Bush itís all I can say from Arad,Romania. Please, donít forget there are beekeepers here who appreciate your work.Thanks to tecumseh,,Alex thanks to all of you.
    drone1952

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Digman View Post

This morning I was visiting up and down the other campsites with the Scoutmasters and ran into a fellow who just started keeping bees this past summer. I helped him get set up this past spring and he's working hard to learn all he can about bees. He told me that he has built a half-dozen or so top-bar hives for the coming season based on the plans of one Mr. Michael Bush. Now, I'm thinking that there are about 6 beekeepers around here, and 33% of them were standing up to their double deeps in snow this morning in the beauty of the mountains discussing Michael Bush, top bar hives, and how much Michael has helped this fellow along the sometimes tortured path of keeping bees. It was way cool in more ways than one. This fellow greatly appreciated Michael's contributions on this forum and others.
    Michael's ears must burn all the time.
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.

I don't post much but I do scan through a lot and have notice that M. Bush is quick to respond, share experience, and ideas/plans.

Humble and helpful. Thank you Michael.

There are others that post pictures and plans that I enjoy and use. Thankyou to you too.

As important as the information he shares is his thoughtful kind demeanor in consistently putting information out under any variety of circumstances and keeping focused on good information and off personalities. He almost always steps in to answers the questions that draw a minimal response or don't have a wide draw to help that one person with a question or problem.

I know MB is busy, I've said it before, I'll say it again, A book or video version would be a best seller !

Someone tries to recognize a man who gives everything he can to this forum and others have to piss on it. This is why this forum is no longer as productive as it used to be. Too many people posting useless ranting. The reason so many nice people have left (Dr. R) for one, anyone remember Daisy.

I for one owe Michael and a few others a lot.

Thanks for everything Mike!

Before everyone chims in and tells me I don't have to stay if I don't like it. I have already excersized this option and you are stuck with my occasional comments anyway.
    Procrastination is the assassination of inspiration.
    www.customwoodkitsinternational.com

{Someone tries to recognize a man who gives everything he can to this forum and others have to XXXX on it. This is why this forum is no longer as productive as it used to be.}

I had to edit the profanity (no place for it here) you post Miki to even respond. I find your post the most offensive here! Everyone here is entitled to post there opinions despite the fact they are contrary to yours or interpreted as negative. I see two posts which disagree with the premise stated in the beginning to just read MB's answers and nothing else is necessary. One of those who posted that was the honoree himself. The other stated his respect for MB but stated the same basic premise perhaps in a little more pointed tone that rasied you ire and resulted in your truly negative post.

I think we all respect Michael, we all also respect the opinions and efforts to everyone who adds to the discussion, especially the top 10 who spend a great deal of time adding to our information base, debate and futherance of this post.

Miki, I hope you get home soon, hope you post often. Everyone has a bad day, I make it point to put my foot squarely in my mouth at least once a month here! It's usually the people I respect and consider friends that let me know when I do. I know it's because they respect me. Let everyone else enjoy the same privilage.

>>I think this is something that folks should very serious reflect upon.

NW IN Beekeeper,

He is just giving good advice. No harm done,

He also is giving the advice and putting his name behind it. Try it someday, it takes alot of guts, and kind of make a fellow rethink what is about to be posted.
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Joel, the premise of the original post was to say thank you MB. And I don't see any two posts that are contrary to that premise.

I do see a couple comments about the nature of the original posts, and the denigrating manner that it seems to suggest that other contributions are less than worthy. That somehow we would be better off not wasting time until MB speaks on the topic. Something that MB himself has rebutted.

I think the real damage in any thread, is those that seem not to understand the nature of an open forum. I have seen the same pattern now several times. (To sit back and make comments about an individual or the forum in general.) It seems to me that alot of personal issues, some mean-spirited bias, and the same M.O. has been seen now several times lately.

The damage to beesource is not from anyone expressing their views. It is from the poster that continues to express how beesource has gone down hill, how its not worthy any longer, that others do nothing but contribute useless ranting, and remind us that a few have left from time to time, like that does not happen on any forum.

If I was Barry, I would be more concerned about the open attitude and continual trashing of beesource, instead of the differing viewpoints. Its a real shame that we have to be reminded of such matters every-time someone has a beef or personal gripe. If I was Barry, I would ask people to be positive towards beesource or move on. But to allow this type comments, that beesource is no longer a great site for whatever reason, is truly the most damaging of all.

Brevity is the soul of wit. A fact not lost on MB.
    Once you see the bandwagon, it's too late.
    www.goldfinch-acres.com

I'm very fortunate that I only live a short distance from MB and can pick his brain once in a while that being said I also feel very lucky to have this forum so I can pick all of your brains as well. Where else could you bring so many opinions good or bad together on a daily basis. So I say thanks every one I've learned more here than in most books.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12