Default Single matting nucs

I do have some lumber left over from previous operations and some purchased recently that I was thinking to use in building some mini matting nucs.
    Last year I used some models, 4 way half frames, Apidea, Man Lake and Bee Works.
    I am trying to gain from any ones experience to come up with the best design size, shape, ventilation, top bar and so on.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you Gilman

Just use full size frames in two frame mating boxes. You'll be happier that way.
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage

>Just use full size frames in two frame mating boxes. You'll be happier that way.

I agree.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I do have plenty of 5 frame nucs that I overwinter.
    I used last year some baby nucs, I liked the one that Bee Work sells, with top bars.
    My lumber is short and I can build only small mating nucs, not the full size.
    I know that full size frame nucs are easier to operate. I was asking opinions on the kind of ventilation on these small matting nucs, a screen on the bottom may work, one or two upper entrances.

I'm talking about a two frame nuc, not a five frame nuc. Any small nuc should have some ventilation even if it's the entrance, but you don't want (or need) very much.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Smile Single matting nucs

I use full depth frames in 500 of my brood chambers that are divided lengthwise because they are interchangeable.
    I also have what I call quads which are also known as 4 way nucs. The frames are full depth.
    The main management concept is to keep the frames uniform.
    I like my quads because they are durable and hold up when the weather gets bad.
    Small nucs will abscond in hot weather. Larger nucs can handle the weather extremes.
    Regards,
    Ernie
    Lucas Apiaries
    Ventura County California

Smile Nuc Ventilation

Use a circle saw and place a 1" minimum hole in the center of the front above the hive entrance and one on the back. Double screen the holes.
    Place your nuc into the ventilated hive and let it settle down for a while. Place your hand over the holes and notice how much heat is being expelled.
    I place a 3/4" X 1.5" cleat on the ends that is flush with the top to provide ventilation for transit.
    Regards,
    Ernie

Smile nucs

The end cleat prevents bloking the screened holes
    Ernie