Default Uncapping Plane - What's the difference in Lft or Rt hand?

I've found quite a few threads on uncapping planes, but I can't find where the difference is between left and right handed models. Since you're drawing the plane toward you when you uncap, is there something about the design of the thing that makes it necessary to use right or left handed? Is it where the cord comes out? Is it where the cappings fall from the plane?

A little help, please?

Smile Uncapping Plane - What's the difference in Lft or Rt hand?

It depends on how you vote. I am undecided. There are so many candidates in the election . . . oh, sorry. Wrong topic!

It is only in regards to wire placement in regards to gunking up the contacts with cappings.

Looking at a plane from the top, against your frame, as you draw it towards you . . . the wires are on the left for a right-handed and the right for a left-handed. Therefore, when you draw back with your hand your wires will be on the top.

That being said, some right-handed folks use a lefty and we'll have to see if that leads to a Democrat in office in 2009!

Anyhow, we can bring one for you to the Tri-County meeting in Wooster, Ohio meeting March 1 (the biggest single-day bee meeting in the U.S.A.).
    Blue Sky Bee Supply
    Quality Bee Supplies, Bees and Containers!

I draw our plane across in a left-to-right motion, not toward me. It's a right hand model and I prefer it over a knife, personally. I'd thoguht about attempting to rig a centered handle on the Pierce knife and use it that way to uncap, but didn't really want to risk ruining the knife. I'm not sure but maybe a left handed model may work better for the way I use it.

Blueskybeesupply,

Did you plan on bringing any uncapping planes to the Western Pa Seminar in Monaca in February? I'd be interested in looking at one first hand.
    Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Taken!

No problem. That's what we are there for--to help beekeepers. We'll be glad to bring anything you'd like to check out.
    Blue Sky Bee Supply
    Quality Bee Supplies, Bees and Containers!

See you there!