Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bee Suits?

I'm about 6' 4" and now over 300. Couldn't find a fit at 255 either. With the help of my wife I have made a top out of double layered tight woven cotton about two and a half years ago. I'll make a new top with bottoms later until I can afford a "store bought" suit. Right now I wear grey sweat pants and rubberband the sleeves. Only stung once and I crushed her on my veil tie that was against my ribs. But if they have a catalog I would rather order from them, when I can.

[quoteI'm about 6' 4" and now over 300.until I can afford a "store bought" suit. quote]

Hi notaclue,

You might want to consider the Beek Suit.
    It is affordable.
    I sell a lot of 4X's and my customers are very pleased with them.
    Thanks,
    Cinsage
    busy as a bee, suit maker

Golden Bee Suits:
    I called Golden Bee Products on 2/20/08 at a number from a previous post, 601-799-5660 and was informed that the wife has passed away and Mr. Lemoine was not well. They gave me the daughters phone number 504-456-8805 and said she runs the business currently. When I called the number, a women answered, and before I could utter a word, she started on a tirade of expletives that made me think I had connected with an insane person. Like many in this forum, I would like to purchase a suit, but am not certain what I might be getting myself into. Does anyone else no what is going on?

I would call the first number, 601-799-5660, and ask if the number you called with the insane person was the right number. The old guy may have given you the wrong number.

Glad I got two when I did. This would be a good time for Magnet Man to get into gear with his production. I wonder how he is doing...
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

Big Grin

I think I will call the insane person, insane people need love too. We should ALL call her.

I called the number listed in ABJ (601) 799-5660 and was redirected to (504) 456-8805 also. Left a message and a couple of days later a Susan Lemoine called me back and was going to send me a brochure/order form. This was February 9, haven't heard or seen anything since. Left a message again yesterday, still nothing.

Also tried getting a suit from Magnet Man; ordered a suit and sent him a check in June of 2007. After hearing several times "we're starting to make suits again and you'll get a suit by......" I gave up in January. The check never did go through.
    Gregg Stewart

Magnet-man has finally gotten back into production. We had to add a room onto our house so we would have a halfway decent sewing room. The old room was a 10 by 15 room. That room gets real small once you put a 4 by 8 cutting table in. The contractor promised it would only take a month but it ended up taking three. I finally had to offer him a completion bonus just to get it finished.

Bill the suit has changed quite a bit. Check my web site and see if a large will fit you. It is easier to send you a new suit than to modify the original prototype I made for you.

The suit is different in the following ways:
    1. The Velcro has been removed from the sleeves and pants and replace with a band of fabric with elastic.
    2. There are zippers on the outside of each leg that go up to a little beyond the waist. This will allow you to put the suit on without taking off your boots. It also has a slider on top so you can get into your pants pocket.
    3. There is a bee proof flap where the zippers meet for the veil.
    4. Based on recommendation by commercial beekeepers, the solid fabric and pockets have been removed from the front of the suit. The feedback was the fabric killed the ventilation. These pockets have been replaced by a hive tool pocket on each side of the leg. There is also a back pocket. For those wanting a knee patch fabric is supplied with each suit. Because everyone’s knee will not be at the same height, there is no way for me to know where to put them. Since the pants unzip up to the waist, the knee pad is easy to sew on.

I have five suits almost finished that are going to be shipped to my back order people. I have done a time study on these five suits and production time has decreased.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

PLEASE put me on the list :P

I still dont know what to do about size though... Im 236 but losing. Im thinking a large will do the trick if they are roomy.

JoeMcc
    "Slow Down and Taste the Vanilla" - My Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by magnet-man View Post
    Bill the suit has changed quite a bit. Check my web site and see if a large will fit you. It is easier to send you a new suit than to modify the original prototype I made for you.
    That's an impressive sizing chart! Yes, the large should do just fine. I'm looking forward to getting it and to see the modifications you have incorporated.

Congratulations on getting back into the swing of it!

I hope I'm one of those 5?