Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 68 of 68
  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    perhaps this is a quality only old tecumseh can appreciate.
    Of course. The rest of us double digit IQ folks can only look on in envy.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cedar Bluff, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fischer View Post
    > read somewhere that only commerical beekeepers were the
    > ones that were effected.

    Nope, there has been no pattern at all to "who has been affected",
    except for the obvious situation of adjacent and nearby yards having
    the problem spread between them often, which only confirms again
    that the basic problem is a pathogen, rather than anything else.

    Is is a disease, a sickness, and no known set of management practices
    can help one avoid it.
    I'm just curious if what your saying when you quote my is if CCD being a pathogen as you say and you may be right what if this pathogen is maybe like the flu virus in humans some years it is more potent then others. That being the cause CCD may actually be short term but may be more like something observed back in the 1800's with dwindleing. I just figured i'd throw the idea out there. Whatever it is i hope it eigther ends or we figure out how to fix it soon.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    College Station, Texas
    Posts
    6,973

    Default

    hankdog writes:
    I'm just curious if what your saying when you quote my is if CCD being a pathogen as you say and you may be right what if this pathogen is maybe like the flu virus in humans some years it is more potent then others.

    tecumseh suggest: quite reasonable natural conditions, like rainfall and bloom, will have some intermediate effect on a hives condition and it's health.

    then beemandan writes:
    Of course. The rest of us double digit IQ folks can only look on in envy.

    tecumseh replies: well truthfully dan I had always profiled you as being a bit smarter that that, althought it is always good to recall what eisenhower said... 'half the world is less than average'.

    I suspect beemandan that my comment had more to do with experience in popping lids than in some highly questionable measure of intelligence.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    well truthfully dan I had always profiled you as being a bit smarter that that
    One of the many hazards of profiling. I’m far from being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

    Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    I suspect beemandan that my comment had more to do with experience in popping lids than in some highly questionable measure of intelligence.
    It seems like you’d know for sure.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    College Station, Texas
    Posts
    6,973

    Default

    beemandan writes:
    One of the many hazards of profiling.

    tecumseh thinking out loud adds: I thought reasonable that there could only be two possible outcomes. perhaps you could elaborate on the many???

    then beemandan writes:
    It seems like you’d know for sure.

    tecumseh replies: most modern day thinking folk minds operate based upon a probability statement of some form or another. absolute certainty is, most often times, a mirage (or when created by man, smoke and mirrows).

    I suspect that I can appreciate some of Jim's comments simply because we have both withnessed a number of similar problems come and go before (in regards to the bees) and often times with exactly the same 'conversation' attached.

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    and thank ya' jim fischer for keeping us on the straight and narrow here... perhaps this is a quality only old tecumseh can appreciate.
    Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    I suspect that I can appreciate some of Jim's comments simply because we have both withnessed a number of similar problems come and go before (in regards to the bees) and often times with exactly the same 'conversation' attached.
    I understand now. My mistake. I thought you were stating that only you could appreciate JF ‘keeping us on the straight and narrow’. When in reality it was that only you and he ‘have witnessed a number of problems come and go’.
    How could I have gotten it so mixed up?

    Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    tecumseh replies: most modern day thinking folk minds operate based upon a probability statement of some form or another. absolute certainty is, most often times, a mirage (or when created by man, smoke and mirrows).
    When I make a statement about my own beliefs, I make it as an absolute. I accept that I may be wrong but I don’t suspect that they are my opinions, I am certain that they are. Since you clearly are the only ‘modern day thinking’ person between the two of us, I must be wrong.
    Frankly, I suspect that only one of us is attempting to employ ‘smoke and mirrors’ but then that appears to be the domain of modern day thinking folks.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    College Station, Texas
    Posts
    6,973

    Default

    beemandan writes:
    I understand now.

    tecumseh> I suspect not... but go ahead and prove to me exactly how small your double digit IQ really is...

    then beemandan writes:
    How could I have gotten it so mixed up?

    tecumseh replies:

    perhaps you should start out by learning to discriminate between something said of substance and a simple rhetorical phrase.

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    perhaps you should start out by learning to discriminate between something said of substance and a simple rhetorical phrase.
    Clears it all up for me.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ads