Question Anyone heard from Chrissy Shaw lately?

One day in early September she was asking me if I wanted to buy some of her bees because she was going back to South Dakota, next thing I knew she was gone. Hoping all is well with her. Nice person who loves her bees and had some great ideas on taking care of them in the environment I find myself. If anyone has heard from her or knows how to get in touch I'd appreciate it you'd let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to save the world and a desire to savor it. Makes it hard to plan the day.

I just know she spent a lot of money buing small cell nucs from Fatbee. Havent seen her for a while.

There is a Chrissy Shaw phone number posted here.

http://www.ebeehoney.com/zWA.html

There's also email contact information on beesource under CSShaw.

Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Digman View Post
    There is a Chrissy Shaw phone number posted here.

http://www.ebeehoney.com/zWA.html

There's also email contact information on beesource under CSShaw.
    The number is disconnected and the email has that "member doesn't want to be contacted" response when you click on it.

That's why I asked for help.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to save the world and a desire to savor it. Makes it hard to plan the day.

Default South Dakota/Oregon/Washington

I been everywhere man, i been everywhere. I had to move, the sale was fast and i spent the better part of the winter getting sicker and sicker in Rapid and on the Rez and the finally here. My dad died and then i had a case of Shingles-pox that darn near killed me and have bone infection in my jaw currently and have to have surgery, buit other than that i am fine.

I know people will think i am an ol meany head, but i am going to go set up on the big Island and i don't think my face will stand another below zero winter, so, since the mites have arrived and all, i will take those PF-100s and set up in the wake of things over there. That should give a from the crater demonstration of surviving mites.

I don't hate those big guys over there, far from it, but this was a train coming and the house was smack dab on the tracks. I wish them well, but i also want to have a year round honeyflow and sit my Mona Kea again. That is what happened to me. My love is down in Oregon, found my daughter and made contact with her etc...

Chrissy Shaw

Default BTW Bill

There were no mites in any of the drone comb all summer, the bees were combined to eighteen strong woofers and they lost three (first winter experience and the no-spring y'all had) and Fifteen are woofing right along. Those queens mentioned by Chef were pretty good, some i got from NY, those were absolutly great as were the ones from the caucasian stock.

Chrissy

Chrissy: Nice to see you closer to my neck of the woods versus over the mountains! Good to see ya!
    Chef Isaac..Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com & http://www.adoptahive.info

Default Howdy Chef

How is the beekeeping going over here between raindrops?

Chrissy

It has been tough.... really tough. With the cold cold spring going into june and now with all the rain and thunderstorms.... I have seen better.

Still got bees?
    Chef Isaac..Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com & http://www.adoptahive.info

Default I got real sick...sold what i had and they did fine

I am trying to get better and looking towards Hawaii at present. This west side is a tough deal for reliable honey. We used to do real well one in ten years, have to near feed through the year one in ten, have about three years average and the other five hit slight either side of it.

Thos were the years when the berry fields were everywhere, there were more black huckleberry than houses on the Kitsap and there were vast acres of two year of burnt clear cuts up the greenwater by the mountains. I don't envy anyone trying to produce honey over here, esspecially this year.

I will have my health back, but honest Chef, i got tired of risking between fires and winter over there. I have a partner now and she is not big on privations year round either. So we are taking the swim to the Islands and help them folks find their way through varroa mites without chemicals if we can. Queen breeding is a bit easier in that weather over there.

Chrissy

Chrissy do you have TMJ with complications of the infection? Can I move to the heat with ya lol. My ja hates all of this cold. Before the next 5 years is up I will be touting titanium joints in both jaw joints. Not fun I had surgery 2 years ago from a quack that only made things worse. I wish you well on the big island.

Angi
    Angi of HHH Farms Hanford Ca
    Organic Farm & heritage, rare breed poultry, ducks, quail

Default Thanks

Well Angi, i thank you and sure do wish you best with your TMJ. Mine was shingles and just bad gums all along.

I don't think my partner Lisa would want me having you along though. Sorry! I looked over your list of critters, you may wish to find a fella named Noah and go by ship. Just funning here a bit. I need the surgery and have had solid pain from the 22nd of June until now, so my dear hope is to end that.

I and Lisa wish you the best in all of it and if you get over there do say hi.

Chrissy

I wish you well in the pain department I am a chronic pain patient and am on a 24 hr day pain patch. As well as break through pain meds and muscle relaxers. The one thing with surgery like my jaw surgery I had 2 years ago was to never expect pain relief only expect improvement of function and movement. It might or might not help with pain. My gums are getting bad from not being able to see a dentist. No one will touch me and they can not even get in there to work when you can only open your mouth about 15mm which is 1 1/2cm. I wish you luck in the pain department and that it helps you. Think abou tpain management as well.

Angi

Angi
    Angi of HHH Farms Hanford Ca
    Organic Farm & heritage, rare breed poultry, ducks, quail