Default Chef Isaac's Biscuits

A great biscuit recipe. Holds Jam and butter... great with honey.

Crsamed Biscuits:

All Purpose Flour: 10 c
    Sugar: 1/4 c
    Baking Powder: 1/4 c
    Salt: 1 T
    Heavy Cream: 7 1/2 c

In a mixing bowl (I like kitchen aid), add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix together

Add all cream. Using a paddle, mix until it all comes together. The dough is sorta like a wet bread dough.

Turn out on table. Thow a little table flour down. Roll dough out. Fold together and roll out again. Cut with cutter. Place on sheet pan with parchment paper. If you have left over dough, Roll out again. DONT NOT FOLD THIS TIME. Cut with cutter and place on pan. Bake at 425 for about 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven. You might need to turn the sheet once while baking.

This is a somewhat large amount for the home cook. You might consider breaking the recipe down a little.

If you do not know how to scale a recipe down, let me know and I will be more then happy to help out.

If you have asny more questions or need any help at all, dont hestitate to email me at chefif@comcast.net or PM me.

Enjoy!!!

Thanks for sharing Chef........ I always appreciate good recipe. Have a great T Day!

Thanks for posting your recipe. I've been waiting since yesterday I broke it down to usual proportions for home use.

2 c flour
    1 tbsp (shy) sugar (actually 0.8 tbsp)
    1 tbsp (shy) baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 1/2 c cream

Hope you all enjoy. I havent run into anyone that doesnt like these and back when, we kitchen tested about 100 or so recipes.

So why don’t ya use honey in your biscuit recipe??? I always use honey when I bake bread.

I tried honey in this recipe and the tast testers recomended no honey in the recipe but rather drizzled on the biscuit while hot.

Thanks dragonfly! I was thinking there for a minute I was going to have to welcome over everybody in the neighborhood and rob another super or two!