Default Pass the biscuits, please

Man, oh man, I just found the best biscuit recipe ever in a recipe book I've had for years, and never tried. For any of you who like biscuits, and either like to cook or have a DW or DH who likes to cook, you gotta give this one a try.

Cream Biscuits

Preheat over to 425 deg. Use a non-greased baking sheet (I have a pizza stone that I like to use).

2 cups flour
    1 tsp salt
    1 Tbsp baking powder
    2 tsp sugar
    1-1 1/2 cups heavy cream
    6 Tbsp melted butter

Combine dry ingredients and stir to mix well. Add 1 cup of the cream slowly, stirring constantly. Add enough more cream to incorporate all dry ingredients (It took the entire 1 1/2 cups for me). Knead on floured board for one minute. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick. Form biscuits with round cutter or by cutting into squares (wastes less dough). Dip each biscuit in melted butter on both sides. Place 2 inches apart. Bake for 15-20 minutes until browned on top and bottom. Serve hot.

These are absolutely delish. Flaky on the bottom, light and moist on the inside. Incredible taste for a simple bread. Easy to make.
    Warning and disclaimer: This is not a part of a healthy heart diet. In fact, I think I can hear my arteries screaming this very moment

OK, these look dangerous, but I'm going to have to try them. I'll just have to make them when my wife isn't home. If I time it right, I can have fresh hot biscuits ready when she gets home from work and she'll never know about the gobs of cream and butter.

Well, you can tell her they don't have any shortening Just don't say that the cream and butter make up for the lack of it, though. Seriously, they are the easiest biscuits I've ever made, and imo, the best tasting. The nice thing is that you don't have to "cut in" shortening or butter, and that's what has always been the part of biscuit making that I disdained. Seriously, they're good. I hope you like them as much as I do. If you wanted to cut down the amount of butter, you could just dip the bottom half, then lightly brush the tops instead of dousing them with butter. Happy eating!

Sounds fantastic. I bet they would fit in great on the Thanksgiving dinner table, and eating them would be completely justified on that particular day.

I might have to whip up a batch before Thanksgiving.... just to test them out and make sure they are good.
    To everything there is a season....

Hey, I was just thinking. What do you think the chances are of substituting honey for the sugar. It's only two teaspoons. I don't think it could hurt.

'delish' ??? good god are you 'easy peasy' rachael ray or something??

it's been many years since i made biscuits..i'll have to give 'em a try when the turkey is smoking this wednesday.
    Richard Martyniak, M.S. Entomologist - http://AllFloridaBeeRemoval.com

Hillside, I think the honey would be a great substitute. I've used honey in other biscuit recipes for years.

AllFlorida- delish is a teenagehood term among me and my friends in high school many years ago.

Mike- sounds like a good idea - a test batch

You guys let me know what you think.

Sorry Dragon... but I got ya beat. Won 2 state competitions and a region competition with my creamed biscuits. No butter... all cream! simply, easy to mix and easy to roll out. They split nicely and hold jam (or honey or butter) very nicely. Only biscuit my customers will eat.

Challenge!!!

Chef/Dragonfly: you can each send me a batch and some honey to go on them and I'll let you know who has the best. Rough job but someone has to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Isaac View Post
    Sorry Dragon... but I got ya beat. Won 2 state competitions and a region competition with my creamed biscuits. No butter... all cream! simply, easy to mix and easy to roll out. They split nicely and hold jam (or honey or butter) very nicely. Only biscuit my customers will eat.
    Well are you going to share the recipe??
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

shawnwri,
    When you get the samples from chef and dragonfly just forward one third of them to me and one third of them to hillside. On something this important you really can't expect everyone on the forum to accept the opinion of just one beekeep. If they are just too good to be sure of a winner with the first batch we could always request another batch, and another, and another......
    Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Taken!

Come on Chef- I've been searching for the perfect biscuit recipe for 32 years. Put up or shut up

Yep, cough 'em up Chef. Can't post and run with this bunch of biscuit-lovers .
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

Default what about dessert?

SO - bisquits with the meal and my sourdough raisin scones for dessert. They don't have cream in the recipe but there IS one whole stick of butter!

will post the recipe tonight when I get off work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Isaac View Post
    will post the recipe tonight when I get off work.
    I am waiting anxiously