Default Camcote on wood ?

Has anyone tried using Camcote on wood, it lists any metal or plastic surface, just wondering if 3 or 4 coats would work on wood ? anybody tried it
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!

Not in a beekeeping senerio but I've used it making darkroom sinks out of wood. It's very waterproof.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thinking of making a 20 frame uncapping tank from hard wood and then treating it with camkote. Just don't want any bits of the paint floating in the honey. What color is camkote or is it a clear base?
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!

What I've seen in the beekeeping catalogs is clear. I have seen white epoxy paint, (years ago) but I'm not sure where to get it now.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

The camcote I have is clear and yes, I have tried it on wood. It works fine though it does take additional coats. Also - the warning about sanding between coats is there for a reason. Do not skip it. Coat, let it dry, sand lightly (you just want to scratch it) and then add the next coat. It's good stuff. I used it to coat the top bar of my extractor and it worked well. The honey runs right off and I can wash it just like the rest.
    http://www.voiceofthehive.com - Tales of Beekeeping and Honeybees