Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Face to the Name, R U up to it?

347K views 238 replies 151 participants last post by  Tigger19687 
#1 · (Edited)
You know how you form a mental image of the other forum members after reading their posts day after day? Sometimes you do catch a glimpse of others and you think: "Wow, he/she doesn't look anything like I pictured!"

Is it better that we not know what the others look like? Part of the beauty of the Internet is that everyone is equal, no judging people on looks or age, only on what comes out of their brain (in most cases). Would having a mug shot database violate that basic principal of anonymity that makes many want to participate?

Personally I don't care, since I am extremely good looking. Yes, my wife tells me so, so I know it is true. :) Picture below.

Seriously, I'm not gonna be first, but I'll be second or third if someone else is brave enough, or foolish enough.

See less See more
#117 ·
Hello! Its me :)

Brickwork Brick Masonry oven Hearth Arch

Have just built a wood fired oven for pizza (in two minutes), bagettes, bread, etc.....Here is a triple berry pie, my first try at baking a pie in there....See the chunks of butter :yumyum:

Food Dish Cuisine Buko pie Ingredient

Had purchased the 'cottage' style hive tops to put the hives close to the house and look cute. She said no, so, I built an apiary on the side of the hill behind the house. Lots of space to grow hives there. The bees totally ignored those flowers and the half acre of wildflorwers behind those trees....go figure.

Grass Plant Flower Wildflower Grass family

This river is behind the house too, should provide water and lots of forage along the banks.

Bank Nature reserve Water resources Water Wildlife

#126 · (Edited)
In Oregon this is a once in a lifetime tag. Meaning you can only draw this tag one time ever. The odds of drawing this one was 1 in 188 the year I got it.

It is proudly displayed in the front waiting room of my office.

I wish I knew how it tasted, shortly after it got back from the butcher I had a chest freezer quit on me when I was gone. I got home to a freezer full of bighorn, 4H lamb and about 100lb of beef soup.

#143 ·
LOL, how'd you guess that one Jim (are they that distinctive)? I'm not sure if it's the best choice but I haven't wrecked it yet, I only say that cuz a cheap hat might be a wiser choice. The jury's out, she loves insects and stuff right now and liked to watch the bees.... The four legged guy likes to stick his nose right in the entrance too, luckily the bees never minded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.