Default When will I ever learn? CAUTION! not for the faint of heart. Nailer accident.

Almost 40 years with pneumatic nailers and still doing stupid things. Hasn't happened now for about 20 years but this one followed a screw or hard grain and got me. Luckily not too painful, no tetanus setting in yet.

Default Re: When will I ever learn? CAUTION! not for the faint of heart. Nailer accident.

Did the same thing about a month ago. Just once, I want to make a well thought out and clever mistake.
    Bristol, WI 7 mi N of IL 15 mi W Lake Michigan
    23 years Treatments as needed.

Default Re: When will I ever learn? CAUTION! not for the faint of heart. Nailer accident.

heheh, thats not so bad.. I managed it with my Bosh framing nailer putting walls together.. I am here to tell you, that little wire that holds the stick of nails together makes pulling your finger OFF the nail WAY WAY worse than getting the nail through it to begin with... Basically.. Scream and yank, then wet pants and faint.... No, I actually didn't faint...
    www.outyard.weebly.com 8 yrs aiding 40+ hives 3 yrs personal. 40+ of my own now (T, TF Goal) Zone 5a

Been there, done that. I was making some bee equipment a couple years ago and had a brad nail a strip of wood to my finger with the brad coming through my fingernail. That was a fun one to pull out Soaked it in Hydrogen Peroxide for a bit and wrapped it. Mine healed up pretty quickly. Good Luck.
    PAHunter62
    Zone 6b: 11 Hives, 17 NUCs, 10 swarms captured 2014

Been there. Done that... Not fun...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I am relieved. I thought something had hurt your bees.
    4 years, 5 hives

My worst experience with a staple gun was while roofing with someone who wired back the trigger to make it faster. Then just pushing down the saftey (on the nose) would make it go off. His gun slid down the roof and hit my knee. I remember thinking "it's a good thing that didn't go into my knee" until I tried to pull it out...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

What did you say?
    Since '09-25H-T-Z6b

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    My worst experience with a staple gun was while roofing with someone who wired back the trigger to make it faster. Then just pushing down the saftey (on the nose) would make it go off. His gun slid down the roof and hit my knee. I remember thinking "it's a good thing that didn't go into my knee" until I tried to pull it out...
    A friend of mine did something similar......taped trigger on a framing nailer and bumped his own leg as he climbed a step ladder. He shot a 16 penny right through the muscle into the bone just above the knee. He said some four letter ouches.

ok lesson learned , never tape the trigger on a nail gun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>What did you say?

Actually nothing... something that was commented on later with something on the lines of "you don't swear do you?" And I said, "well, not much..." and they said "well you didn't swear then..."

>never tape the trigger on a nail gun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct. But it really should be obvious shouldn't it? I thought so anyway...

Ouch!
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

Its funny how the nails on the 18 gauge nailers get a mind of their own sometimes. I have seen them make complete U turns when nailing frames. I always try to keep everything away for where the nailing is going on.

Oh that's nothing. Put a little wood glue on it & keep working.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by KQ6AR View Post
    It's an ouwee! Be compassionate like Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ6AR View Post
    Uncle Ollie's more Titebond II than man now, twisted and evil.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org