Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Latest Truck Build

Here is my newest truck, 2015 F550, Gas Powered, 4wd, 16' bed.

Getting shipped to Florida with empty barrels for the Pepper Extraction.

https://www.facebook.com/13283909348...type=3&theater

Default Re: Latest Truck Build

Nice truck! Why a gasser?

New diesels suck with emissions and def systems, very high maintenance replacing egr valves

Hows the power in the gasser? Fuel economy?

We have a dodge 5500 as well, it has been back to the shop so many times for the 4wd system and def. That was one of the reasons we tried a ford.

Quote Originally Posted by MNbees View Post
    Nice looking set of photos.
    Let America Be America Again http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/Hugh...-Again1938.htm
    Mark Berninghausen

Did you happen to compare the Ford against a comparable Chevy? Last I knew the Chevy got better gas mileage and more horsepower. Nice looking truck.... the barrels, not so much. lol

I have a couple of Ram 5500's and really like them but neither has over 40,000 miles yet. I can't say I disagree with AZB, though. Diesel engines may have lots of torque which is awesome when you are towing but their reliability is way over rated and the drive train warranties are the same as gas powered. Factor in the higher fuel price, the $9,000 premium you are paying at the time of purchase and the inconvenience of fueling at large truck stops at times and worrying about fuel geling in the winter. I know I'm going to look hard at gas before my next purchase.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Beeman View Post
    Did you happen to compare the Ford against a comparable Chevy? Last I knew the Chevy got better gas mileage and more horsepower. Nice looking truck.... the barrels, not so much. lol
    Chevy does not make a 5500

Quote Originally Posted by AstroZomBEE View Post
    Here is my newest truck, 2015 F550, Gas Powered, 4wd, 16' bed.

Getting shipped to Florida with empty barrels for the Pepper Extraction.

https://www.facebook.com/13283909348...type=3&theater
    I would be very curious about the power and fuel mileage also. Jim L. Talked me into a ford 6.0 diesel it has been a pain. I am looking to replace it soon and have been thinking about a gasser.also. Please post your results. Thanks much
    George Brenner @ www.valleyhoneyco.com
    Mesa, AZ

Does it have their newer 8 in it or the V12? I've been very happy with the V12 over the last 10 years.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by G B View Post
    I would be very curious about the power and fuel mileage also. Jim L. Talked me into a ford 6.0 diesel it has been a pain. I am looking to replace it soon and have been thinking about a gasser.also. Please post your results. Thanks much
    You must mean the 6.ohhhhhhh****
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Get them bulletproofed and they are pretty reliable....so I have heard lol

Get what bulletproofed Sadler91, the Ford 6L? How do you do that?

My 2005 F-450 has had two new oil coolers and two new EGR Valves a new rear fuel tank, and a bunch of new stuff, including injectors. When my first oil cooler and egr valve went the Dealership spent a month replacing one thing at a time instead of a standard list of parts when a cooling system gets fouled w/ oil. They said they had to replace what was broken, run it, figure out what else was broken or fouled beyond cleaning, replace that and so on and so on. I used to know that whole list of parts by heart and in order which they were replaced. But I have blocked it out now.

I don't have any faith that a Dodge or Chevy would be any better, so I keep my Ford running and will probably buy another one before I quit.
    Let America Be America Again http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/Hugh...-Again1938.htm
    Mark Berninghausen

Yes the 6.0L. I got a buddy in town here who does it. It cost about 5k because they pull the engine out to do all the work. Delete the egr valve and cooler, relocate and replace the oil cooler with an aftermarket, new heavy duty headstuds, injectors, air intake and exhaust, and finally a tuner. Gives it around 500 horses then. The emissions crap is what it the issue. Get rid of all the stuff and I believe they are a powerful and pretty reliable engine. Don't quote me on that though. If you already deleted the egr then you are pretty good then. Headstuds wouldn't be a bad idea though if you haven't done them.

Were looking at adding a new truck and so far it looks like its going to be a new ford 5500 with 6.7l Powerstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by MNbees View Post
    Whats the length on that flatbed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadler91 View Post
    Yes the 6.0L. I got a buddy in town here who does it. It cost about 5k because they pull the engine out to do all the work. Delete the egr valve and cooler, relocate and replace the oil cooler with an aftermarket, new heavy duty headstuds, injectors, air intake and exhaust, and finally a tuner. Gives it around 500 horses then. The emissions crap is what it the issue. Get rid of all the stuff and I believe they are a powerful and pretty reliable engine. Don't quote me on that though. If you already deleted the egr then you are pretty good then. Headstuds wouldn't be a bad idea though if you haven't done them.
    Voids all warranties too, right? Headstuds? What are those? And what are they for? A tuner? Again, what's that?

Any fuel economy improvement?

W/ over 200,000 miles would such changes be worth the cost?
    Mark Berninghausen

Quote Originally Posted by RAK View Post
    Whats the length on that flatbed?
    Aaron Fisher's is 16 feet.
    Last edited by sqkcrk; 11-05-2014 at 06:54 PM.
    Mark Berninghausen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast