Smile Coconut Oil in hive

Has anyone heard of using cononut oil for mite , or tryed it in the hive . Read in Bee Culture mag. some one in mo. was using it, claiming that he has had real good results with it. and how are you using it

Default Coconut oil

I read that same letter so I decided to make up my grease patties this year using coconut oil instead of crisco. Can't hurt, might help! -Danno

Default coconut oils

I think that to and a'm thanking that is what he was saying to use it in instead of crisco if could only find out where to buy it . Looked on the internet cost to much for that. You have any ideas where to buy. My wife says she has seen coconut milk but not oil.

you can make your own. you let the coconut milk sit until the cream rises. the you make coconut butter and from there coconut oil. google: recipes for coconut oil.

Walmart carries it around here. LouAna Coconut oil. It's about as cheap as you'll find it anywhere. Unless you want to buy in bulk from a bulk oils company.

Great for cooking! It has about the highest saturated fat of all the oils though. Great for skin rashes and the like. Have heard some say that it works for eczema better than any drug on the market. A must for making soap!

Bees? No idea?

Default eBay

I bought mine at a very good price on eBay. Hope that helps you find some. -Danno