Default Importation of queens from Canada

Is it currently legal to import queens from Canada into the USA?
    John B Jacob www.oldsolbees.com

Yes.
    But not many breeders or operations are big enough to justify the certification or costs.

A friend of mine got some buckfast from one of the Ontario groups members this summer. But there was a minimum and the cost and shipping made them quite expensive as compared to what you pay here.

I brought in 50 queens from Quebec in 2004. Didn't have any problems. Had to go inside and declare my import. Customs man asked me if I needed a health certificate. I told him no, they are queens, not on combs. He believed me.

I think he was more interested in the queens than the law. I showed him one JZBZ battery box with queens. He was facinated, and asked if he could borrow them for a minute. Trying to distract him from the certificate business, I said sure. He walks down the counter with my queens...to the voluptuous, blond, co-worker. Taps her on the back, and when she turns around, he shoves the box under her nose. She squeals like a little girl, and he chases her around the room winh the queens. After he gets his yucks, he gives me back the queens, and says...have a nice day.

Make you feel safe?

Default Buckfast queens from Canada

Our club members went together and ordered 100 Buckfast Queens from Ferguson in Canada. He drove them across the border, then shipped them to us overnight from within the US. Last year they got held at the border till they were all dead. -Danno

Has anyone tried the Saskatoon survivor queens? He came and talked at the American Honey Producers convention two years ago?