Thread: Wax melters

Default Wax melters

Anyone here use a wax melter off thier uncapper? Just wondering how effectively they work, if they can keep up to the uncapper, and how badly does it darken the honey?
    Thanks
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

How much wax are you melting? I've seen a good wax melter made from a slow cooker. It only holds 4 lbs of wax at a time but I would think it can melt the wax quickly. A gentleman in my bee club uses one. I'll put the link to the directions below.

r/

Andy

http://www.candletech.com/budgetmelter/index.htm

I have a maxant honey reclamer and wax melter . Works well but found works the best with a steady supply of cappings. If get low then a large load starts it bottle necks to it gets in the grove. Worksd the very best in a automated operation not in mine building is to small. Would like to sell this unit if interested,
    Bob F Seaman

I am interested in the idea. I do run an automated system. I extract about 1400 lbs an hour. I reclaim about 10 barrels of wax a season. I odnt like my current set up of wax seperation, too time consumeing and to buy a spinner, I am looking at least 7500$.

Do you find a darkening of the honey when sending it though your system?
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

no honey doesnt even get hot. You need a pretty good power supply to run it. The heaters are 220 volt and they are two of them.I will let this unit go for $1600. I've upgraded some of it. Had some steel fittings on it chanced all to brass and stainless.
    Bob F Seaman