Question Commerical grade woodware from Mann Lake ????

Are Mann lake's wooden ware that is commerical grade of reasonable quality ??? Does it come predrilled with nails included ??? Yea, or na

regards
    Brad

I've bought it before and the commercial quality was always fine. The Budget was more unpredictable. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the nail holes were predrilled. Not that I cared as I was using a stapler...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Nail holes predrilled; nails not included.

I've gotten budget in the past, and as Michael said, somewhat unpredictable. Usually nothing major (i.e., nail holes not in the right spot, loose knots and knots in corners of boxes) but the boxes I'm getting this Fall are commercial.
    Gregg Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by spunky View Post
    Are Mann lake's wooden ware that is commerical grade of reasonable quality ??? Does it come predrilled with nails included ??? Yea, or na

regards
    Brad
    Brad, Mann lakes wooden ware is not up to speed for me , here's one picture but have more if you would like to see.
    http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=100_1905.jpg

I don't know how they can send boxes out that don't fit together, but they are.

Have you looked at the prices plus shipping from Humble Abodes in Maine? I know their frames are in the mid $.50s range, and the quality is very good...commercial grade.

I see the problem. You put them together upside down!

I never had any like that from Mann Lake when I bought Commercial. I did get some like that when I bought Budget. Maybe someone shipped you the wrong ones...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    I see the problem. You put them together upside down!

LOL, I was thinking Michael, someone may notice that.

I bought 10 #1 grade from them a few years back, 3 of the 10 I had to shave a 1/8 oinch off because they were to tall after assembling, the wood just wasn't cut right, when I called them they said they were having problems with one of their hive body machines..... all my hive bodies fit fine now, I make mine myself and use rabbit joints... easy fit... have bought a couple from Betterbee and all the fits were perfect from them....
    Last edited by TwT; 10-16-2007 at 05:22 AM.
    Ted

I also do not like mann lake commercial boxes, alot of there box joints dont even fit together correctly, would much rather use dadants or western bee there quality is much better.