Default Drapers Super Bee Supers

I won a gift certificate from the Drapers location in Iowa at a local bee club function. (There is another post relating to Western Bee Supply like this -- I was really lucky on the raffle.)

I recently used the gift certificate to buy some unassembled medium supers from them. They have two normal grades, and I bought the better one. The construction of the boxes is very good, with tight joints. The wood has some knots, but they are all tight. Their prices are good too.

All in all, a recommended product.

ndvan

Are you sure? I don't think there is a Drapers in Iowa. I could be wrong. As far as I know there is only one in Nebraska and one in Pennsylvania.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Drapers is in Eastern NE. I have used them many times and have been extremely pleased with them, thier service, as well as thier products.

Default Drapers

We buy a couple of hundred deeps every year to keep our operation up to date & in good shape.
    As far as I know Larry checks every super for problems before he sells it.
    I am sure this is why he has a sale on the odd lots or ones that don't fit properly.
    We bought some from Mann Lake a few years back, 2 years in a row when dad was still alive & he was not to pleased with there quality compaired to Draper's.

Found this on the net:

"Draper's Super Bee

914 S St, Auburn, NE 68305-1303, United States (Map) (Add Company Info)
    Phone: (402) 274-3725
    SIC:Animal Specialities, NEC
    Line of Business:Whl Bee Supplies

Seems there is a branch there!"

Default Oops

Sorry, I meant Nebraska. (I do know the difference.) Don't know where Iowa came from, other than they both have Big 12 schools.

>they both have Big 12 schools.

Nebraska didn't look so big yesterday...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    >they both have Big 12 schools.

Nebraska didn't look so big yesterday...
    yes its not like the team they had back in the 90s when I was working for UNL.

Default Nebraska-OSU totally off-topic, but MB started it

As a graduate of Oklahoma State, when I think of Nebraska football, I think back to teither the 1987 or 88 season when we had Barry Sanders. Nebraska came to Stillwater, and there was high hope that we would win out and possibly even win the national championship. At the end of the first quarter, I think the score was about 35-0, Nebraska. We also lost to OU, just barely. So the game this last Saturday at least evens the score for that. Now OSU would have to beat Nebraska about 50 times straight and we might be even. (If you guys would keep your coach for about 50 years, that would be appreciated.)
    Last edited by NeilV; 10-14-2007 at 06:50 PM. Reason: correction of date