Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Anyone Using "the Beekeeper's Record Book"?

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Ann 
#1 ·
Is Anyone Using The Software "the Beekeeper's Record Book.mdb"?
I Have Been Modifying It To Suit My Needs. You Must Have Microsoft Access To Open This. I Am Not Sure Who The Original Author Was. I Downloaded It Off The Web. I Also Added A Inventory Section To Keep Up With Your Woodenware,foundation,ect. This Is A Very Customizable File And It's Free.

#9 ·
And might not need MS Access either.
If someone could post a listing of the tables and fields in each table, it probably wouldn't be too hard to rebuild the system using Open Office Base. It's similar in function to M$ Access but it's open source and free. Operates on Linux or Windows.

#12 ·
I suppose if you copied it verbatim, you might have a copyright problem, but I doubt a direct copy would be possible with Open Office.

I've used OO to keep some simple databases for my business, customer lists and such, but I just realized I don't know how to do multiple subforms in OO. I can do it in Access. There's probably a way to do it in OO; I'll have to spend an evening searching.

#15 ·
I am not familiar with open office. Is that a free software? I could not get the Beekeepers record book to work after downlaoding it. The control buttons did not work and the table primary key feilds I felt were wrong. So I changed all of that. I also added forms to add inventory so I can keep a running total of what I spend and where, basically, the same info that is on an invoice from say, Dadant. Then I added a report of " available hive equipment" which includes an inventory of everything needed to build a hive from bottom boards to telescoping tops., frames and foundation. With all this being changed, does this violate the copyright laws? If not I will gladly share it.

#16 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.