Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Moments of happiness

Thanks to all for your kind words and wishes. I hope to be able to continue to contribute to beekeeping and of course I will definitely share my thoughts at the forum. May The Lord continue blessing all of us and keep us in harmony.
    As I have said before, thank you Barry for your continued friendship and support.
    Dr. Rodriguez
    Dr. Pedro Rodriguez

>>>>It always starts with someone making a comment that is inappropriate and then people feel it is open season. I did my best to clean up the thread.<<<<

Yes, we do have a tendency to return fire when fired upon, don't we.

Thank You for cleaning it up and allowing it to stay, rather than deleting it totally.

Welcome back, Dr. R.

Default Seeking understanding

Hello folks.
    I heard an expression in a Reuters news clip that made me stop and think,
    "not what I am saying but how I am saying it."
    Please bear with me because I may need a little time to explain my thoughts.
    I know that I have a good thing going with my method for treating honey bee mites. I have proven that it is possible to keep mite-free honey bee colonies with very strong populagtions and producing well. This is true both in Virginia and in Spain. I will provide photos at a later date. I also have been informed of the same fact by many other beekeepers who are being very successful practicing with my FGMO/thymol protocol.
    Application of FGMO/thymol with a vaporizer (fogger) is a sound scinetific method applicable for treatment of both Varroa and tracheal mites. Actually there is non other known method of application that is more cost-effective for this purpose at this time. (I am sue that a commercial substitute for the present fogger might be produeced should it become necessary.) Futhermore, gas chromatography laboratory tests have proven that it can be applied during nectar flows as there has been no evidence of residues found in either honey or wax. The method reduces not only the cost of medication utilized but also the time required for its application thus making it very economic. I am sure that there are other aspects that may need explaining but I chose to defer them to a later time, if needed, for the sake of keeping this post as brief as possible.
    After having heard the above cited clip, I wonder if I may have erred while making my presentations about the utilization of FGMO/thymol by simply not saying what I need to say and if I may have raised some eyebrows by how I am saying it.
    Should this be the case, I would appreciate your comments.
    If it works as well as I know that it does, we are at a crioss roads where we may be able to provide another useful tool to beekeping at a time when it may make a large contribution to solving CCD. I have not lost a single colony in either Spain or Virginia while using my protocol. If it works for me and for those who are using it, it should work for others also. Beesource.com could very well become the platform for removal of any objections that beekeeprs may have about its use.
    How say yee fellow participants?
    Have a blessed day.
    Dr. Rodriguez
    Dr. Pedro Rodriguez

It is nearly, if not totally, impossible to project moods and attitudes in writing by laymen citizens. I'm sure any and everyone who has made a good number of posts on forums have been misunderstood at some time or other.

I use FGMO and thymol with a fogger. I like the results. Do I still have some mites? YES.. Do I use as directed by Dr. R??? NO. Do I want to be totally mite free? Not if I have to use any treatments of any kind. I want to development a resistant bee and have come very close to it, I think. I haven't lost a hive from my strain of resistants in five years, without FGMO and thymol. In the other yards are removals and trapouts from all over the area. They come in with mites and diseases on a regular basis. I do use FGMO and thymol on those hives, with great success. I have lost a few of them to disease, but none to mites.

Dr. R, hang in there with us. Glad to see you back.

I did buy a fogger from there idee! I have not used it yet. I would be interested in knowing more about this method.

Chef, PM me your questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Dr. R has said the same in past posts, if you want to PM or email him.

Default FGMO/thymol protocol

Dear friends.
    I have tried many variations (field trials since 1993 when I started using thymol) and have found that FGMO/thymol does keep honey bees free from mites effectively provided that treatments are done without deviations from my protocol. On the other hand I have been in contact with other beekeepers who have tried and failed due precisely because they introduced changes into it. Many have succeeded after reviewing the reasons for their failures. Others have given up (as per their own admission).
    I have forwarded my protocol to many people who have asked. I will gladly forward it promptly to any one who asks (dronebeer@aol.com). I would post it on bee source.com but I must admit that I do not know how to do it. I will e-mail it to Barry and ask him if he wishes to post it.
    As I have stated previously, I do not seek wealth or fame for my work. My only interest remains my wish to help beekeepers in their management of their bees and success in their endeavor, thus ask and I will be there to help.
    Have a blessed day.
    Dr. Rodriguez
    Last edited by Dr. Pedro Rodriguez; 10-17-2007 at 12:54 AM.
    Dr. Pedro Rodriguez

Default Foundation

Reply to Sundance regarding type of foundatin that I am using.
    Hello Sundance and Beesource fellow participants.
    I have chosen to use standard foundtion in all my hives both in Virgina and Spain. The reason for this is that I do not wish to introduce variants into my FGMO/thymol study yet. I may change later on if needed but not yet.
    I am particularly interested in testing old combs for residues. I now have some frames that are seven years old. No residues found yet from neither FGMO or thymol. I have replaced all the frames older than 7 years with standard foundation purchased from Dadant and installed new foundation in new frames from the same source.
    I hope this answers your question.
    Very best regards and God bless.
    Dr. Rodriguez
    Dr. Pedro Rodriguez

Default FGMO/Thymol treatment...

Good morning Dr. Rodriguez et al,
    Many thanks for all the help and wonderful advice in the past. As a small hobbyist beekeeper I have used FGMO initially and then added Thymol this year. The number of varroa in the process has steadily declined but never completely diappeared. The reasons for the very small number of varroa this year could also be based on other conditions that I cannot identify, but I am satisfied that we are doing the right thing. SHBs are another subject and they are on a slight increase but seem to be managed by the bees. All in all, I am very happy with the FGMO/Thymol regimen and thank all of you for the advice given. Dear Dr., please keep up the good spirit and work. Thanks, Alex in Kentucky
    Last edited by Alex Cantacuzene; 10-20-2007 at 08:00 AM. Reason: missing letter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234