Default Bee Sting Bursts Woman's Breast Implant

Bee Sting Bursts Woman's Breast Implant

MIAOLI, Taiwan -- Bikes, boobies and bees are not necessarily a good mix, at least not in Taiwan.

A 31-year-old woman from the Taiwanese town of Miaoli, was recently out riding her motorcycle while wearing a low-cut dress when a bee stung her on her right breast.

"My right breast disappeared in only two days," said the woman, who received saline breast implants three years ago, according to Southern China City News.

Surgeon Zeng Dingchang said the saline implant is supposed to resist pressure of up to 200 kilograms, adding that it was "very strange" for one to deflate because of a bee sting.

"She is very skinny," Zeng said of the woman, "and the implant made the skin of her breast even thinner, and therefore easy to penetrate."

Zeng performed a replacement implant operation - but warns that acupuncture or yoga could cause it to burst again.

And I thought stings usually caused swelling.

Aw man... Gimme a break. I don't believe that story for a second.
    Dulcius ex asperis

Quote Originally Posted by George Fergusson View Post
    Well George, for what it's worth here's the link to this peculiar story.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2504874.html?menu=

First we get "killer bees", now we've got "boobie busting bees." What's next? LOL
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to save the world and a desire to savor it. Makes it hard to plan the day.

Quote Originally Posted by George Fergusson View Post
    That was my reaction, too. And if it is true, the surgeon who performed this surgery needs to have his license yanked. She obviously was not a good candidate for this surgery.
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory and Susan Fariss View Post
    That was my reaction, too. And if it is true, the surgeon who performed this surgery needs to have his license yanked. She obviously was not a good candidate for this surgery.
    Susan
    Right. These days, most surgeons put the implant behind the muscle, not "up front" in the fatty tissue.
    My beekeeping blog: The Bee Yard

Anyone who has hit a bee or junebug or similarly sized insect while riding 60 mph on a motorcycle will vouch for the force of the impact. I doubt it was the stinger that did the damage. This is another reason why riding with just a T-shirt and no helmet is not a great idea. Oh, and pants, too.
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

Ok, so a beesting penetrates what...1/8 inch at the most? If there is only that much skin over the plastic implant...that would be dead skin. Ind the implant would have been made of what...saran wrap? I don't think that a sting would peirce anything much thicker than that.

Maybe...there was lots of swelling and the swelling caused excess pressure...

I don't trust much of the news out of the east. And not on Ananova either.

Wait...it is on the Internet...it must be true!!!

Rick