Hybrid View

Default anyone use apilife var for fall treatment?

Hey everyone-
    It's been forever since I've been on beesource, so I hope everyone's doing well. I bought api life var in the Spring for Spring treatment, but didn't need it. I'd love to be able to use it for a fall treatment for varroa. I know you need 14 days of 60 degree weather, and it's looking like I'm gonna get that. What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear any and all of them!

Thanks guys and gals!
    -K-

Hi, I just finished treating three hives with apilife-var. You can read my daily mite counts over in the beekeeping 101 forum. Look under the posting," starting treatment with apilife-var today".

Default Using it now to treat all my hives

Hello

I started using it last year and it did wonders for one of my hives that was full of mites in fact they were the only ones to store enough honey to make it thru the winter. I am using it now to treat four of my hives and i have some coming in the middle of the week to finish the rest of them i am also treating the ones that seem to not have any signs of mites. The state inspector advice me to buy apistan strips but i have had good sucess with apilife -var that i am sticking with it and its going to be more warm days ahead so i will get a good handle on the mites.

Tom

I use Apilife Var. I used it last year on 80 hives. This year 200 except for the breeding stock.
    Columbia City, Indiana