Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: end this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by honeyman46408 View Post

Ridiculeis the reason Doc Rod isn't here any more
    I think there are those who view any and all criticism as ridicule. Some folks get a little too close to their work and take anything but wholehearted acceptance of said work very personally. Even when it is not so.

Having said that, I have never understood why this single treatment modality had it's own forum. I would move it to diseases and pests myself.

Keith
    Bee Sting Honey - So Good, It Hurts!

Smile

OK , OK , i'm one of those that viewed and didn't post . I agree with most don't need it's own space , and I fog.

I was chere when Dr. R was still active and there were at least 5 different people that PICKED on him so he finely quit BeeSource but he is still doing his research. The way he was treated was intolorable and I would have done the same. Cures are often found by the experimentors not by the people with degrees that think they are better than others.
    This is my opinion!!!
    Clint
    Clinton Bemrose<br />just South of Lansing Michigan<br />Beekeeping since 1964

Default End this forum

I for one as an engineer picked up on Dr.Rodriguous's work in the early stages.I feel the forum should stay in repspect for the work he did over so many years.The fogger alone uses ULV technology,thus creating a large volume of fog from a miniscal ammount of FGMO.This technology lends itself to the addition of a synagist also in miniscal quanty.I know of no other technology that can replicate this.Hence I would like to see the forum left open.
    Bob.
    BOB

I only fog and do sugar treatment.I'd like to see the forum stay.
    Kevin M.

Truthfully, I have mixed feelings about it. I can't disagree with the majority in full, but at the same time, I don't think the info in the forum should be buried. If the forum wasn't here, I would be against starting it, but there is just so much in the archives I think it would be totally wrong to hide it away or otherwise remove it from where we all are familiar.

Is there a way to move it to the other forum but keep a couple of the more technical how to do it threads as stickies at the top?

Keith
    Bee Sting Honey - So Good, It Hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by jlyon View Post
    Taking a cue from alternative pollinators how about something on the order of "alternative mite treatments" that would encompass all "soft" mite treatments from FGMO to OA to powdered sugar and everything in between.
    I agree with jlyo this idea get my vote.
    An empty wagon rattles the loudest.

As one who fogs with FGMO and Thymol I don't think a "stand alone" section is required.

My vote would be to leave the archives intact in this section and just rename FGMO to Pest Treatments

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
    I for one as an engineer picked up on Dr.Rodriguous's work in the early stages.I feel the forum should stay in repspect for the work he did over so many years........ Hence I would like to see the forum left open.
    Bob.
    Why? He left and asked that alot of his info be removed. What's the point in it having its own section? I understand that people felt that he was being ridiculed... At the same time one should be willing to stand up and fight for what they believe in. One should be able to face criticism and to defend their position. Stand and answer the hard questions. Critical questions SHOULD be asked of any research to determine its validity. In my opinion the Dr. took the position that people where attacking his character and I think he was plain wrong. But again that's just my humble opinion.

You lose credibility when you "take your ball and go home". Pouting doesn't get you far in my book. I appreciate the work he did. Not my choice of treatment but that's ok... if it works for you then great.

I tried FGMO and thymol fogging for one year. It DID help with mites. It also caused my colonies to supercede queens frequently. Maybe its the way I did it... Maybe it was user error... Maybe not....Whatever the case....

I still say it doesn't need its own special place... I don't say delete it... Just move it under Diseases and Pests where all the other treatments are discussed.
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

One nice thing about having a lot of separate forums is you can just skip the ones you're not really interested in. Rolling one you're not interested in, into one you are, means sorting through more posts. Especially ones with "meaningful" titles like "Look at this!" Or "Wow what do you'll think of this?" which help so much when trying to spend your time reading things that you are interested in.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thumbs down Pest Treatments

Clinton's memory of how the doctor was treated and mine are quite different. We had to walk on glass around him. Pity the poor noob who posted any basic question about how to use his patented procedures, they would be stomped on with both feet and told to go read the research in the archives.

It was the other posters in the forum that tried to help explain the questions to the curious, dr R would make belittling posts and go on a rampage about how he didn't have time for that. He would type out long rude posts instead of just saying "Don't tip the fogger or you will flame broil your bees!" A lot of those questions were already answered, he didn't have to be so rude. I know he felt that the 'true' answer had to come from the most high, but this is an open forum and anyone can answer questions, he was not mandated to do so.

Well he went home and left his ball here for you to play with, it did not bounce well for me and I went a different direction. I have no need for this forum but I would not deny it for anyone else, we all need to make our own mistakes.

Using fgmo is no more difficult than using an OA vaporizer or a powder sugar blaster, it does not need a forum unless you just need testimonials to give you hope that you are not wasting your time. I like Iddees ideea of changing the forum name to Pest Treatments, perhaps some good could come from what is now wasted space.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

Well, it's been a week with no additional responses. It's still here.

Is the jury deliberating, or do we need more opinions?

Just curious.
    To everything there is a season....

I guess this answers your question.

Thanks, Barry.
    I think just the history makes it worth leaving, even if it isn't used.

Thanks Again

Last edited by BjornBee; 09-26-2007 at 09:11 AM.

Last edited by Dan Williamson; 09-26-2007 at 09:43 AM.
    Dan Williamson

Last edited by BjornBee; 09-26-2007 at 09:46 AM.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Last edited by Dan Williamson; 09-26-2007 at 09:53 AM.
    Dan Williamson

Ok Dan your turn......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast