Default Pollination Contracts... how to get them

Hoe does one get pollination contracts? Do you take ads out offering the service or call farmers up???

Any advice or suggestions??

you got to advertise, in the papers, market bulletin, growers association, all kinds of ways, tgh
    here should be a apple grow organization in washington

http://www.bluediamond.com/growers/field/index.cfm

http://www.almondboard.com/Resources...temNumber=1135
    Last edited by TwT; 08-24-2007 at 10:25 PM.
    Ted

Honestly...If you want my opinion...don't pollinate. You're a beekeeper with a small operation. Your bees have enough problems, without the stress of moving. Instead, concentrate on maintaining healthy, productive colonies. Leave the pollination to larger operations.

I pollinated apples for 20 years. I can say...the colonies that pollinated always made less honey...often enough less to erase any gain from pollination, and they didn't winter as well. I often lost 20% or more of the pollinators, while non-pollinators were in the 10% range.

I think the bottom line in your apiary is better not pollinating.

Chef

I use pollinators for many seed crops and also my apple and cherry orchard, here in Washington State. I would say your best bet would be to get in the yellow pages as that is where I look when I need to find bees. The Good Fruit Grower publication would also be a good bet as most of the states orchardists get this magazine and I have noticed beekeepers advertising in this in the spring in the classified section.