Sad Hive went from full to hardly any in days

Hello

I mention in another tread about finding a lot of wax in front of one of my hives so i reduce the entrance and put on my second treatment of api life-var. I was told to leave the bees in the hive and to start feeding them like crazy and to give steve a call in a week. Steve owns brushy mountain bee farm i wanted to put them in a nuc since there is a small number of bees but he said that the mites was the cause of my hive crashing so i made a lot of syrup ready to feed as for my other hives they are doing well gathering pollen and nector and the queens are laying well this hive still have a queen and i saw some eggs what should i do can i feed them fondant instead of syrup.

Tom

Hi Tom -
    was this hive weaker than the others to begin with? The reason I ask is the wax at the entrance (an I assume all over the bottom board) leads me to think they are being robbed.
    I would do more than reduce the entrance - put them in a nuc, feed them like crazy and ADD A ROBBER SCREEN. robber screens are easy to build and make all the difference in my bee yard where I have strong hives and mating nucs both.
    You can find robber screen plans/basics here on beesource.
    Best of luck.
    Erin Forbes, EAS Master Beekeeper
    overlandhoney.com

Sad They was not at first

Howdy

Thank you for the information they were strong like the others were and then i saw some bees with thier wings deformed so i started treating them. And then i went to apply the second treatment and thats when i saw the wax and when i checcked them earlier they had plenty of brood and after i added the first treatment i guess the smell made the queen to stop laying and they got behind. But the thing is i have others that are weak and building up and they are not being bothered by robbing i do not feed them in the yard i have another spot to feed them. But will fondant hurt them if i fed them or should i just feed syrup. This hive is being lead by a young italian carniolan mix but she is not the same color as her sisters that are heading up my other hives she looks more italian and the last time i had this problem i gave the hive a young NWC queen and when her offspring started to take over i saw no more problems and this hive put away more honey then any of my other two but now i have 11 hives.

Tom