Thread: Pop-up Blockers

Hybrid View

Exclamation Pop-up Blockers

I have noticed that there are quite a few that have a problem with links that get posted in the chatroom. When the links are clicked, you are disconnected from the room.

This is caused by your pop-up blockers. Agreed, I would not remove mine for the sake of being able to click a link in the chatroom. But you don't need to compromise your sanity to correct the problem. What is needed, is that you need to allow pop-ups from beesource.

Here's the steps for IE and Firefox. If you're using another browser and can't figure this out on your own. Let me know and I'll help you out with them also.

Internet Explorer: Go to Tools on your menu bar. Select Pop-up Blocker > Pop-up Blocker Settings. At the top of the dialog box you'll type in the address of beesource "www.beesource.com" without the quotes. And then click Add. Restart IE and you should be good to go. A restart may not be required. But it won't hurt.

Firefox: Go to tools on your menu bar. Select Options, then click the button at the top of the dialog called Content. In the section immediately below the button you just clicked, you will see will see a check box to the left called Block pop-up windows. It should be checked. And another button to the right of the check box called Exceptions. Click the Exceptions Button, type in "www.beesource.com" without quotes, in the address field and then click the Allow button. Answer OK.

There are probably at least a thousand third party pop-up blockers out there. If you find it necessary to use one of them and can't figure them out. Again, let me know and I'll try to help.

I love this guy!

Thanks Bizzy.

Just got back from EAS Saturday night. Had a blast and met one or two beesource members up there.

BB