Default "Search" is annoying

I tried to find a post I had written using the advanced search today. I searched for "wax basics" in the title, because that was the title, the entire title, no more. The search comes back and tells me I need to enter at least FOUR words.

Well, exactly HOW do you enter four words when the title only has TWO?
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

use quotes around "wax basics"

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ght=wax+basics

You could also search by using your ID

You could also just forget the local search facility, and use
    Google "advanced search", limiting the domain to beesource.com

The word limit has been set to 4 characters as it can put a load on a server searching for three letter words. I had no problem finding your post. I typed in "basics" and chose "Search Titles Only". The second page starts all the messages in the thread "Wax basics, please!"

- Barry

Default Duh!

I don't know how many times I read that error message, and my brain saw "four words" not "four characters." Duh.

Thanks for the input on a stupid question, anyway!
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

Considering the number of three letter acronyms I want to search on (CCD, ANP, AFB, EFB etc.) and three letter words (wax, etc.) It seems like a very difficult limitation.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

But the flip side is that searching for a three letter word such as "wax" will potentially find way too many results for you to actually find the post you're looking for. There has to be a balance somewhere. I'll lower it to three letters and give it a try, but can't promise it won't go back to four.

- Barry