Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Extractor Decisions

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Jeffzhear 
#1 ·
Good morning folks,

My husband said I could buy a honking-big motorized radial extractor. He suggested the Fritz (spelling?) or the Maxant. We have only Pierco frames (mediums and deeps). What do you know about these two extractors? Or do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Chris

#4 ·
honking big extractor

I just bought a twenty framer and am impressed with it. I looked at the european extractor a guy had , to me it was just polished up a little more.
the dadant extractor i bought states in the paper work you can put up to 32
medium or shallown frames in it or 20 deep. I really thought hard about a new extractor before i shelled out all that cash and believe the dadant was the best bang for the buck given its class of size.

A plus is its american made and parts are probably more available and less costly than the fritz. As to the mann lake one I have no opinion.

#5 ·
I have both the Maxant and Dadant and wish I had two dadant instead. Dadant has a bigger dia and seems to do a better job. Perhaps they both work at the same speed but with a larger dia the Dadant generates better centrifical force, at least the results are better. Both are 6 to 10 yrs old so maybe the Maxant design has improved but my Maxant doesn't have hinged lids and the dadant extractor does. The drain hole on Maxant is smaller and slower to drain and the unit has smaller dia overall so it is harder to put in frames. Dadant motor is still working and the Maxant has already been replaced. Don't know about other units but I would think the 20 fr radial of dadants is fine for any operation producing 4,000 lbs of honey. Of course how fast you need to extract depends on how you build the rest of your operation and whether you take off honey once or periodically.

#6 ·
I have a Dadant 20 Radial also....and recommend it. I just wish I hadn't got rid of my two frame root extractor last year. I have a few friends that don't have extractors and they show up with just a few frames for me to extract from time to time...so, I'm going to look for a small used SS two framer for a good price...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.