Hybrid View

Default I just got home from HAS

It was a great conference covering subjects from Beginner to Experienced Beekeeping, queen raising, cooking, bee biology, If it had to do with beekeeping, I think there was at least one presentation on it.

There was 5 one hour class sessions Thursday and Friday and 4 class sessions today. Each session had 10 presenters in a class room setting or in the field. The list of presenters was a who’ who of beekeeping, including several from our own Beesource.com.

This HAS was a great learning experience and well worth the minimal cost to go. The only glitches I noticed were not caused by HAS.

If you haven’t been to a HAS conference you need to go to the next one at Marshall University in Huntington WV. If you have been to HAS you still need to go. Huntington is on Interstate 64 and Marshall is just a little over 2 miles off of the Interstate. It is a beautiful campus, Modern facilities, nice and level with everything close together.

It was a pleasure to sit in several Mike Bush’s presentations
    Last edited by kc in wv; 07-14-2007 at 10:33 PM.
    What I Smoke has a Sting to it

Sucks that I missed it, I got up yesterday with a pulled muscle in my back and couldn't move. I guess I will have to see how things are going next year and plan on going for the whole conference.
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.

Default Sorry to hear about your back, Bluegrass...

Hope you're feeling better soon. I've heard that there is nothing more dangerous than a beekeeper just back from a conference...full of new ideas to apply in the beeyard!
    Get better soon & we'll see you next year at HAS 2008 in Huntington, WV. -Danno

It was a pleasure to meet you Danno
    What I Smoke has a Sting to it

Smile Has Ky

Danno Thanks you all your help with getting the HAS going this year. Your enthusiasm is infectious!! I trust that you and your wife will enjoy the quilt. Dan, you are the MAN!

It is working with people like you that makes HAS the success that it has become.

Also a BIG THANK YOU to our very own Michael Bush for the great presentations and of course to all the Beesource members who attended this year’s HAS.

My offer still stands to combine a Beesource get-together at the HAS meeting next year in WV.
    If a job is worth doing - Then do it well

When is HAS next year?

Beside the airfair.... was the hotel expensive? I would love to go next year if it wasent too expensive.

I'm so glad my wife and I attended. So much information with the opportunity to ask questions ...... priceless. There was something for everyone.

I just got my computer fixed this weekend, so I haven't been here since before HAS. I was pleased to meet a number of you there. We weren't planning on attending, but things worked out for us to show up for one morning. I can't remember which, except the fire alarm was exciting. My son really enjoyed seeing the firemen walking around and all the fire trucks. He's seen bees before.

WayaCoyote
    WayaCoyote

Default It was nice to meet you at HAS, Coyote

Weren't Michael Bush's classes terrific?! Anyway, you have a beautiful family & we hope to see you all next year in Huntington, WV at Marshall University. -Danno

Thanks Danno! Great meeting you.
    Yeah, this time we're hoping to plan ahead and take time off to get to stay. Especially since it isn't just "right up the road."

Wayacoyote
    WayaCoyote