Thread: sears roebuck

Default sears roebuck

how long ago did sears quit selling beekeeping supplies? i came across some old unused equipment which included foundation. looks like duragilt, with holes on the bottom and without the metal on the edges. i got two boxes of 50 sheets for mediums and deeps. the boxes didn't have a date on them anywhere and the ink was faded from the shipping label. when i opened the boxes it smelled like new foundation and looked exceptional. i've used all the foundation for deeps and the bees accepted it readily. i googled "beekeeping sears roebuck" and the most recent date was 1980 on the search. i guess i am using antique foundation, guess that makes my hives worth more. i was just wanting to know if any of you guys who have been doing this for years would know when they quit selling beek stuff so i could know roughly how old the foundation is.

1980 sounds about right. They sold Dadant equipment, and Montgomery Wards sold AI Root equipment. For those on the east coast York's in GA was thier bee supplier.

80's sounds about right. I don't know whether we ever bought any of their stuff or not. We always bought from Dadant, or Drapers, both of which were within a few hours drive.
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage

Oh Yeah I got my first package from Montgomery Wards in 1970 they were midnights.I remember when Sears canceled there Farm Catalog in the 80's
    kirko
    I like bugs

in the middle 1980's I was working for a fellow who had the contract to supply sears and roebuck with packages. sometime in the late 80's sears ceased their catalog services (they had a farm and ranch catalog plus other specialty catalogs).