Default Any Caucasian breeder queens out there?

I looked all over the net and found no places that sell Caucasian breeder queens. I saw 2 places...both sold hybrid Caucasian bees. Open mated with many different drones.

If not breeder queens I would be happy with Caucasians that are close to full bloodline.

Anyone know of a place selling some?

THX

Check on the Beemaster forums for a guy named Hy-tech/high tech (not sure on the spelling),he was helping with a new caucasian breeder in Mississippi.This breeder was being mentored by Bill Gafford the original owner of Bolling Bees.

This is one I have heard of.As of last year they had a few hives,you might want to search for Bill Gafford's phone number and ask direct..

Good luck
    If you build it they will comb it.<br />Tim Rolan

I been doing some research and there seems to be NO known pure Caucasian queens left in the USA The only way to get breeder queens in to travel across the seas and smuggle some in. I might just do that...always looking for adventure!

Before I do so why are the Caucasian bees not allowed to be shipped to the USA?

THX

>why are the Caucasian bees not allowed to be shipped to the USA?

Because of diseases and pests around the world that we don't want here. Like Tracheal mites and Varroa mites and small hive beetles. That is how they got here. There are others we don't have yet.

If you have enough money and can find the right contacts I think you actually can get some here. It would require some convoluted shipping to a quarantine facility in one country, inseminating eggs, destroying the original queens etc. but I think it has been done with other breeds like Buckfasts. But I think you'll have a few thousand dollars invested.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Default Re: Any Caucasian breeder queens out there?

i have caucasians but i live outside the US