Default making a fume board

Instead of buying a fume board, can anyone tell me what kind of materials I need aside from the wood for the frame? And do I make it where the wood strips that make the frame sit on the super flat or on edge, or does it matter? And I guess I should ask if there is even another better way to run the bees out of the supers. Any advice is appreciated.

Default Fume board

Make a frame about 1 in. deep that fits the super. Get some felt or cloth staple it to one side of the frame; nail a piece of tin on top of that. Paint the outside of your frame and tin black. (Flat is best they say) Set it in the sun to warm up pop the lid give then a little smoke to start them down spray the cloth and set it on the super crossway first so that you do not over power them with spray. After a couple on minutes turn the board to cover almost all the hive.

Go to Jim Fishers Bee Quick site they have directions for fume and breeze boards.
    Dan

I have found that terrycloth used in bath towels works well.
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.

Spray bee quick on a rag and put it in your smoker. Don't light it. Puff the fumes on the super frames through the smoker.