Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

NC State Beekeepers Meeting

10K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  iddee 
#1 ·
For all of you NC beekeepers, I hope you are planning to attend the Summer Meeting in Kinston, Jul 12-14. The Bee Buzz was a little late in distribution, but there is still time to pre-register. Use the registration form on the ncbeekeepers.org website, not the one in the Be Buzz. You'll have to print and mail as the online registration isn't available this year.

#3 ·
I'll be there Thursday and Friday. Do any of the equipment sellers attend with merchandise? I need some woodenware, pins, etc., and would love to save the shipping cost by getting it at the meeting.
Yes, Brushy Mountain, Miller Bee, Dadant and probably others I have neglected to mention are usually there. Also Ann Harmon always has a good selection of books.
Susan

#4 ·
I am attending all three days. I need all the help I can get! I just have one hive that I removed from a wall last week.I went into the hive today after one week to see if the queen was ther laying. I didn't see her but there were some eggs so I hope I did not kill her. It was a mess beacuae of rubber banding the comb in place. I added another deep body and moved the worst of the rubberbanded com to the top and replaced with wired foundation frames. They were all out front fearding when I left them and they were still out there after an hour. Anyway, I was told that you can place an order with Brushy Mountain and they will bring it to the event, save on shipping!

#11 ·
Vendors

Miller will not attend. Brushy Mt, & Rossman will be there. Dadant on Saturday.
Bob Cole & Ann Harman will have their bee books. There may be other vendors who show up. There will be several queen & package suppliers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.