Default perfect vac model for building a bee-vac

I'm getting close to finishing my beevac. As much as I hate to shop Walmart (they pretty much drove everyone else out of town as they are famous for) I found a perfect vac. There was previous discussion on this forum about what model works. I got a Shopvac Hangup Mini. It's the 1 gallon, 1 hp model. 2yr warranty, made in USA. It was on sale for $19.88. It has all the suction you need. All you have to do is remove four screws and the filter cage comes off, then it fits perfectly in a 2 1/2 hole made with a hole saw. I'm using the boxes I got package bees in from Betterbee for the inner boxes, and I'm using a 2 1/2inch hose that I have rather than the skimpy 4 footer one that comes with this vac. Will keep you posted when I try it out on a job.

Everyone mentions "shop vacs" for the motor. I've got to do a cut-out this week. Can I do it without a shopvac and just use my house vaccum?
    WayaCoyote

Quote Originally Posted by wayacoyote View Post
    Everyone mentions "shop vacs" for the motor. I've got to do a cut-out this week. Can I do it without a shopvac and just use my house vaccum?
    Only if you're single.
    Milk Cows Not Taxpayers

Default Pics?

Got any Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by berkshire bee View Post
    I got a Shopvac Hangup Mini. It's the 1 gallon, 1 hp model. 2yr warranty, made in USA. It was on sale for $19.88. It has all the suction you need.
    That's the same one I got for both of my vacs except it wasn't called a hangup. The price is the same and it is a one gallon model. Perfect for what we are doing.

HAB, check my version of the Iddee vac on myspace pics under equipment album.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

I saw Idee's and his bee-vac is perfect design! I'm going to make one here pretty soon. Thanks for the ifo on the vacuum locaton and price.

hey. bullseye bill how do i find your pics
    "Any fool can learn, the trick is to understand - Einstein"