Default Source for Assembled Deep Frames W/O foundation

Hi
    I am looking for a source to get deep frames without the foundation<
    Is there a company making them??

I took a quick look through all the catalogs of the conventional suppliers. Everyone sells assembled frames, but all with foundation (usually plastic) already installed. You might write and ask for a special deal for frames w/o the foundation. A large enough quantity would get their attention.

I worked a deal with my kids (age 13 and 16). Having bought the unassembled woodware and foundation, it was the piddly work of assembling the frames that seemed the slowest part.

So I bribed my kids to assemble the frames and stack them in a neat pile. There is enough of a friction fit to hold them together. I come with my brad nailer and finish the job, then work on the more difficult taks of wiring and installing foundation.

I'm not sure my kids are ready for the brad nailer and I don't use glue. They are not very good carpenters, but they can put together a puzzle. Delegating such a task would get you one step closer to assembled frames.

Grant
    Jackson, MO
    Beekeeping With Twenty-five Hives: https://www.createspace.com/4152725

I could make you some deep-size "Bush" foundationless frames and assemble/glue/air-nail them too.

Send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I took a quick look through all the catalogs of the conventional suppliers. Everyone sells assembled frames, but all with foundation (usually plastic) already installed. You might write and ask for a special deal for frames w/o the foundation. A large enough quantity would get their attention.

I worked a deal with my kids (age 13 and 16). Having bought the unassembled woodware and foundation, it was the piddly work of assembling the frames that seemed the slowest part.

So I bribed my kids to assemble the frames and stack them in a neat pile. There is enough of a friction fit to hold them together. I come with my brad nailer and finish the job, then work on the more difficult taks of wiring and installing foundation.

I'm not sure my kids are ready for the brad nailer and I don't use glue. They are not very good carpenters, but they can put together a puzzle. Delegating such a task would get you one step closer to assembled frames.

Grant
    Jackson, MO

http://go.netgrab.com/secure/kelleys...sp?product=160

I bought 2 nailing devices from Kelley Co. My "unskilled free labor" glues and assembles the frames, and I staple the frames together. I have completed 500 frames and I have about 600 frames to go!

Reel's have assembled frames for .55 each.

Reel’s Bee Supply
    200 Bee Gum Dr.
    Marlon, N.C. 28752
    828-738-3017 Harlan
    828-738-4636 Anthony
    828-317-1526
    myronreel@yahoo.com

Try Dadant's, some branches will assemble equipment for the customer.

Big Grin

I bought 2 nailing devices from Kelley Co. My "unskilled free labor" glues and assembles the frames, and I staple the frames together. I have completed 500 frames and I have about 600 frames to go!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reel's have assembled frames for .55 each.

Reel’s Bee Supply
    200 Bee Gum Dr.
    Marlon, N.C. 28752
    828-738-3017 Harlan
    828-738-4636 Anthony
    828-317-1526
    myronreel@yahoo.com

I guess heres another example why you should ask first!

Reels bee supply has very good frames. I think he makes everything he sells. In wooden ware.
    If your gettin stung your doing something wrong...