Thumbs down Do moderators edit posts depending on the view?

I had a post somehow vanish which was not in any way offensive or off topic but skewed the discussion.

Is it this boards position to edit discussions so they are presented in a good light for one member at the expense of another.

I really would like to know............since preferential treatment and censorship without merit is really wrong.
    Last edited by Church; 06-18-2007 at 10:56 AM.

I don't edit posts, although I will delete ones I deem offensive, or if someone has posted something or started a thread when one like it has been started already. I can't say what other moderators do, or don't do.....
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage

I also do like peggjamClint
    Clinton Bemrose<br />just South of Lansing Michigan<br />Beekeeping since 1964

So if someone responds to a threat or bullying by a members post by saying "hey you seem to lack people skills" or tell them they are off topic or misguided, is that something is inappropriate?

Im not trying to beat the drum, I really just would like some ideas if someone is called to the mat and its pointed out that they are innacurate, or making bullying or threatening remarks, that this is wrong?

I call someone Rambo in response to them threatening a member, and im censored..........

but when that member says to me:

Resorting to a tactic like this is a small minded and a lame attempt by an insecure person to win a perceived argument that does not exist. Talk about going over the top. If you have nothing intelligent to say don’t say anything at all.

but this is OK and allowed?

Sorry, I guess the best I can do is ignore the threats and bullies and keep to myself.

Peggjam said it best..........

The first one I ever had deleted, the admin sent me an email. I explained the post and it was re-instated. Since that time, when I have one deleted, no email is sent. I guess they don't want to know why I posted what I did, so they won't need to re-instate it.
    I just let it go and go to the next thread. If I don't like the way they run the show, the door is always open for me to leave.

I have had a few deleted and sometimes it's explained and sometimes I
    PM that moderator and ask what happened.

Writing is vulnerable (more than other communication IMO) to misinterpretation by the reader. Often what is "understood" was not
    at all what the writer had in mind.

Communicate with the moderator that deleted you.