Default Hunting jacket recommendations

Hey all,
    I've been a backpacker for many years, and spend a lot of outdoor time fishing, birdwatching, etc. All I've ever owned were Gore-Tex or similar-membraned waterproof shells which are great for those types of activities. Thing is, I haven't met one that very durable at all. You can't just lean on (let alone climb) any tree, or pull yourself up over a rough rock, or lay on the ground, or carry wood etc. without worrying about punctures.
    So, getting ready for my first hunting seasons this fall, I'm looking into other options. I'll be hunting deer and elk in the Colorado Rockies, at times dense evergreen forests, and unpredictable weather. This is where I spend my outdoor time so a quality jacket isn't an investment I'm afraid of. I don't want an insulated jacket; I can layer underneath. Camo isn't terribly important, as we're a blaze orange required state.
    One option I've been considering is a Filson (or similar) waxed canvas jacket. I know they're not waterPROOF, but suspect it'd be OK most of the time (if heavy and harder to pack) since I layer with wool and/or fleece. Or, if I could find a GoreTex-type jacket with something like a cordura instead of light nylon outer fabric, that'd be an option too.
    What have other folks used/liked?
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

Cabela's MT050 is very good, with good durability. Saddlecloth is also very good, but is a little stiff in colder weather. I use 'em both. For some really high end stuff like what I use for huntin' in the Rockies, check out www.summithut.com.

Columbia omni quad parka is the way to go. Have had mine for 4 yrs and do alot of hunting for deer and lots of duck hunting in it. Has held up great. Would buy 2 just like it if i needed them.
    If your gettin stung your doing something wrong...

Army field jacket with hood...Get the liner, too, if possible. Tough as nails and comfortable, too. Wear with or without liner, as needed.

Jeez, I do like shopping online but especially for spendy and/or performance clothing, I just can't buy something without trying it on first. I'm an Edsel in the internet age .
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO